April 24, 1991 |
Tyler Wesley Naquin (born April 24, 1991) is an American professional baseball player. He plays in minor league baseball for the Cleveland Indians organization. Prior to playing professionally, Naquin played college baseball for the Texas A&M Aggies.
Naquin attended Klein Collins High School, where he played for the school's baseball team. He lettered in baseball for three years. He was twice honored as All-State, three times honored as All-District, and three times named All-Greater Houston.
The Baltimore Orioles selected Naquin in the 33rd round of the 2009 MLB Draft. After considering signing with the Orioles, Naquin decided to enroll at Texas A&M University, to play college baseball for the Texas A&M Aggies baseball team. Naquin was named the Big 12 Conference Baseball Player of the Year in 2011.
The Cleveland Indians selected Naquin in the first round, with the 15th overall selection, of the 2012 Major League Baseball Draft. Naquin played for the Carolina Mudcats of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League and the Akron Aeros of the Class AA Eastern League in 2013. After the 2013 season, the Indians assigned Naquin to the Arizona Fall League, and he participated in the Fall Stars Game. Naquin began the 2014 season with Akron, but suffered a broken hand in July. He required surgery, and missed the remainder of the 2014 season. Naquin began the 2015 season with Akron.
- "Ultimate Spring". Ultimatespringtx.com. May 21, 2011. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- BRENT ZWERNEMAN, College Station Bureau (June 3, 2011). "A&M provides room for Naquin's big bat and bigger arm - Houston Chronicle". Chron.com. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Carlton: Texas A&M's Tyler Naquin big hit streak a result of swinging easy | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW". Dallasnews.com. May 4, 2011. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Poised for greatness - The Battalion - Texas A&M". Thebatt.com. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Indians select Texas A&M outfielder Tyler Naquin with 15th pick | indians.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. June 4, 2012. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "Bernie Pleskoff: Indians prospect Naquin has top-of-order ability | indians.com: News". Cleveland.indians.mlb.com. November 11, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "Akron RubberDucks lose Naquin, Wendle to hand surgeries -- Cleveland Indians Class AA Insider". cleveland.com. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "No. 5 Cleveland Indians prospect Tyler Naquin records third straight multi-hit game for Akron RubberDucks - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)