|No. 3 – Duke Blue Devils|
|League||Atlantic Coast Conference|
April 5, 1992 |
Silver Spring, Maryland
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Listed weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school||Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.)|
Tyler Damascus Thornton Thornton (born April 5, 1992) is an American college basketball player for Duke University. Thornton was one of the top rated high school point guards in the class of 2010, as rated by Rivals.com. On September 13, 2008, Thornton committed to Duke.
Thornton attended Gonzaga College High School in Washington, D.C. where he averaged 14.7 points, 3.4 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 2.1 steals per game as a senior while maintaining a GPA over 3.3. He also lettered four times, twice named team MVP. He holds the school record for career wins. Thornton was named MVP of the Gonzaga D.C. Classic and the Hoopball Classic. Tyler made the all-tournament teams at the Iolani Classic and Alhambra Invitational. In his senior year he was named to two all-conference teams and the Gonzaga Coaches award in 2008. Named D.C. Sports Fan Freshman of the Year and Gonzaga Mr. Assist award in his first season on varsity. He also played AAU basketball on the D.C. Assault with his current Duke Blue Devil teammate Josh Hairston.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|Washington, D.C.||Gonzaga College High School||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||195 lb (88 kg)||Sep 13, 2008|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 92|
- Washington D.C. Gatorade Player of the Year (2010)
- House of Hoops Male Basketball Athlete of the Year in Washington (2010)
- Holds ACIT record for most steals in a tournament
- First team All-Conference times in high school
- Three Time Team MVP
- MVP of the Gonzaga D.C. Classic and the Hoophall Classic in (2010)
- Most wins in Gonzaga College High School History
- D.C. Freshmen of the Year (2006)
- Gonzaga Coaches Award
- Gonzaga Mr. Assist Award
- MVP of the 15-under Adidas Super 64 (2007) and of the 16-under division (2008)
- Tyler Thornton (2010-03-18). "Basketball Recruiting - Tyler Thornton - Player Profiles - ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.