Tyler Ward in Dallas, TX on October of 2011 at the House Of Blues
|Origin||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Genres||Acoustic rock, alternative rock, indie rock, Rap|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Drums, Bass|
|Labels||Tyler Ward Studios, Sony Music Germany|
In February 2010, during the 2010 Winter Olympics, Tyler covered the Michael Jackson "We Are The World". With 1.5 million views during its first week, his career skyrocketed. His biggest video to date is "Payphone" which has over 22 million views as of October 21, 2013. His first video was a mix of the current top 40 songs of 2008. Since then, Ward has amassed over 1,000,000 subscribers and more than 300 million views on his channel. Where most of his original and covered songs can be found on iTunes.
Ward has also produced music for friends, such as Julia Sheer, Alex G, Eppic, and Derek Ward, Tyler's brother, who also appears in many of his original productions. Tyler, his crew and backing band are simply credited as "Tyler Ward and Crew". They accompany and support him on many of his American and European tours. Band members include Joey Barba, electric guitar; Joshua Corbett, bass; Joel Burns, drums; Alex Gronlund, various background vocals.
Before Tyler Ward had an interest in music, he was focused on athletics. After graduating from high school, Tyler enrolled at the United States Air Force Academy Preparatory School to begin a college football career. Tyler Ward was not able to adjust to the different lifestyle and decided to move on with his life. After leaving the Air Force Academy, Ward was accepted into the University of Northern Colorado and started to write songs while seeking a journalism degree. He has opened shows for The Jonas Brothers and The Fray. Through his music video career, Tyler has performed and recorded most of his early songs and many of the current ones in his parents' basement, which he later turned into a proper recording space. Nowadays, Tyler records his songs in a bedroom studio that he created in his Los Angeles apartment.
The Tyler Ward Studio was founded in 2009 and currently operates out of Denver, Colorado, Boulder, Colorado and Nashville, Tennessee. The Studio is independently owned.
In 2011, Ward performed a duet with The Band Perry, celebrating the Academy of Country Music Awards and went on a tour with Boyce Avenue. Later that year, Ward performed with Christina Grimmie live on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Their performance aired nationwide on October 10, 2011.
On the 25th of September 2012, Ward released an EP titled Hello. Love. Heartbreak. on iTunes. He originally planned to release the second half of this EP in November 2013, but instead released a whole new album titled, "Honestly" under his new label, Sony Music Germany/Austria/Switzerland.
In early January 2013, Tyler Ward confirmed that he had signed with Sony Music Germany and soon after stated he will be working on another album specifically for the label. Ward's debut album, Honestly, was physically and digitally released on the 18th of October in Germany, Austria and Switzerland while available for download on iTunes in the United States and Canada. The album features his upcoming single and original song, "Falling" featuring Alex G. Ward is currently on tour in Germany promoting his album and will tour in Europe in November 2013. He has also set dates for another American/Canadian tour starting in early 2014.
- American singer-songwriter Tyler Ward to present the Czech audience Retrieved July 21, 2012
- "YouTube helps aspiring stars launch their careers" The Connection. Retrieved August 13, 2012
- "Jason Mraz's 'I Won't Give Up' Storms Hot 100's Top 10" Billboard. Retrieved August 13, 2012
- News article about Tyler Ward Retrieved July 21, 2012
- Tyler ward tickets Retrieved July 21, 2012
- "Uncharted Territory: DJ BL3ND Still On Top, Childish Gambino and Zaz Debut" Billboard. Retrieved August 13, 2012
- Blue Microphones Retrieved July 21, 2012
- Tyler ward shows Retrieved July 21, 2012
- Maloney, Devon. "Billboard Article News". Billboard.com. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Uncharted Territory: Traphik, Tyler Ward, Teen Hearts and More Billboard.com Retrieved July 21, 2012
- "Colorado native burning up the music charts using social media" Fox 31 Denver Neighbourhood News. Retrieved August 7, 2012
- http://www.tylerwardmusic.com/studio/ Retrieved October 21, 2013
- "Tyler Ward & The Band Perry". Academy of Country Music Awards 'Duets'. First Coast News. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Country stars, YouTube acts double up for ACMs" USA today. Retrieved August 7, 2012
- "Tyler Ward to perform at Manchester Academy 3" Cheshire News. Retrieved August 13, 2012
- DeGeneres, Ellen. "Christina Grimmie & Tyler Ward perform 'How To Love'". Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- http://www.firstpost.com/topic/organization/sony-news-for-2013-tyler-ward-signed-by-sony-germany-austria-sw-video-tVnWTyGrl6Q-402-1.html Retrieved October 21, 2013
- http://www.sonymusic.de/Tyler-Ward Retrieved October 21, 2013
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWcvmXssyak Retrieved October 21, 2013
- http://www.sonymusic.de/Tyler-Ward/Falling/P/2957559 Retrieved October 21, 2013
- http://www.tylerwardmusic.com/shows/ Retrieved October 21, 2013