Tyler Ward in Anaheim, California, in June 2014.
|Birth name||Tyler Ray Ward|
March 12, 1988 |
Parker, Colorado, U.S.
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Tyler Ward Studios, Sony Music Germany|
Tyler Ray Ward (born March 12, 1988) is an American independent singer, writer, producer and philanthropist.
Tyler was born in Parker, Colorado, USA. Before Ward had an interest in music, he was focused on athletics. After graduating from high school, Ward enrolled at the United States Air Force Academy Preparatory School, where he played football. Ward's temperament was incompatible with military discipline, however, and he dropped out. After leaving the Air Force Academy, Ward was accepted into the University of Northern Colorado and started to write songs while seeking a journalism degree.Tyler credits his mom for his musical talent
Ward has become a well known artist in part through his use of social media, posting a mix of his covers and originals on YouTube. Ward has successfully completed three worldwide headlining tours and has played shows with many mainstream artists including The Jonas Brothers and The Fray. Through his music video career, Ward has performed and recorded most of his early songs and many of the current ones in his parents' basement, which he later turned into a proper recording space. Nowadays, Ward records his songs in a bedroom studio that he created in his Los Angeles apartment.
In 2011, Ward performed a duet with The Band Perry, celebrating the Academy of Country Music Awards and went on a tour with Boyce Avenue. Later that year, Ward performed with Christina Grimmie live on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Their performance aired nationwide on October 10, 2011.
In October 2013, Warner Music Group retained seven YouTube stars, including Ward, Kina Grannis, and Peter Hollens, to help promote a new single by Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz. Ward and the others independently recorded versions of the song, "Everybody's Got Somebody But Me," which were subsequently mashed up into a video posted exclusively on YouTube. This was the first such venture by Warner, whose senior vice-president for interactive marketing said optimistically that "[f]or some kids, people like Kurt Schneider and Tyler Ward are people that they trust."
Ward released his album on October 18, 2013 titled Honestly. Honestly included 12 original songs that featured up and coming artists including Alex G. and Lindsey Stirling. Ward began touring in the Spring of 2014 in Europe and North America. The tour began in Amsterdam, Netherlands on May 16, 2014.
- "Covering Pop Hits On YouTube Is Starting To Pay". Morning Edition (NPR). May 13, 2013, 11 a.m.
- Tyler ward tickets Retrieved July 21, 2012
- Devon Maloney (May 1, 2011). "Uncharted Territory: DJ BL3ND Still On Top, Childish Gambino and Zaz Debut". Billboard. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- Blue Microphones Retrieved July 21, 2012
- Tyler ward shows Retrieved July 21, 2012
- Maloney, Devon. "Billboard Article News". Billboard.com. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Uncharted Territory: Traphik, Tyler Ward, Teen Hearts and More Billboard.com Retrieved July 21, 2012
- "Colorado native burning up the music charts using social media" Fox 31 Denver Neighbourhood News. Retrieved August 7, 2012
- Gary Graff (December 19, 2012). "Sound Check: Tyler Ward waiting for the right deal to break out". The Oakland Press.
- DeGeneres, Ellen. "Christina Grimmie & Tyler Ward perform 'How To Love'". Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Mohindru, Perdy (11 October 2012). "Tyler Ward launches his album 'Hello, Love, Heartbreak' - Times Of India". Times of India. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Firstpost. "Retrieved October 21, 2013". Firstpost.com. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- Dawn C. Chmielewski (October 28, 2013). "An Outreach in Concert with a Giant". Daily Press. p. C2.
- "iTunes". Retrieved 20 February 2014.