Type 1936-class destroyer
||This article has no lead section. (December 2012)|
|Preceded by:||Type 1934A class|
|Succeeded by:||Type 1936A class|
|Class & type:||Type 1936-class destroyer|
|Displacement:||2,806 tonnes (2,762 long tons) (standard)|
|Length:||123.4–125.1 meters (404 ft 10 in–410 ft 5 in) o/a|
|Beam:||11.75 m (38 ft 7 in)|
|Draft:||4.5 m (14 ft 9 in)|
|Installed power:||70,000 shp (52,000 kW)|
2 × Wagner geared steam turbine sets
6 × Wagner water-tube boilers
|Speed:||36 knots (67 km/h; 41 mph)|
|Range:||2,090 nmi (3,870 km; 2,410 mi) at 19 knots (35 km/h; 22 mph)|
The Type 1936-class destroyers were destroyers of Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine, used during World War II. These 6 ships were improved and enlarged versions of the 1934 and 1934A classes. Despite the serious faults of the earlier ships not being apparent when these were in design, they had been resolved. Engine reliability and the structural integrity was much improved and they were much better seagoing ships, shipping much less water through an improvement in the design of the bows.
|Z17 Diether von Roeder||Laid down: DeSchiMAG Bremen, 9 September 1936
|Z18 Hans Lüdemann||Laid down: DeSchiMAG Bremen, 9 September 1936
Launched: 1 December 1937
|Z19 Hermann Künne||Laid down: DeSchiMAG Bremen, 5 October 1936
|Z20 Karl Galster||Laid down: DeSchiMAG Bremen, 14 September 1937
|Z21 Wilhelm Heidkamp||Laid down: DeSchiMAG Bremen, 15 December 1937
Launched: 20 August 1938
|Z22 Anton Schmitt||Laid down: DeSchiMAG Bremen, 3 January 1938
Launched: 20 September 1938
- Gröner, Erich (1990). German Warships: 1815–1945. Volume 1: Major Surface Warships. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 0-87021-790-9.
- Haarr, Geirr H. (2009). The German Invasion of Norway, April 1940. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 978-1-59114-310-9.
- Koop, Gerhard; Schmolke, Klaus-Peter (2003). German Destroyers of World War II. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 1-59114-307-1.
- Rohwer, Jürgen (2005). Chronology of the War at Sea 1939-1945: The Naval History of World War Two (Third Revised ed.). Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 1-59114-119-2.
- Whitley, M. J. (1991). German Destroyers of World War Two. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 1-55750-302-8.