Camp Half-Blood chronicles
Camp Half-Blood is a media franchise encompassing two five-part novel series, two short-story collections, three graphic novels, two films, a video game, and other media.
- 1 Novel series
- 2 Short story collections
- 3 Other
- 4 Film adaptations
- 5 References
Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Percy Jackson & the Olympians is a pentalogy of adventure and fiction books written by Rick Riordan. Set in the United States, the books are predominantly based on Greek mythology and deal with a demigod, Percy Jackson, and his quest to stop the rise of the Titan lord Kronos. All five books are seen from Percy's witty and sardonic point of view. The series tackles themes like coming of age, love and teenage angst. Each book in the series is based on the story of a Greek hero: Perseus, Odysseus, Hercules, Theseus, and Achilles.
More than 20 million copies of the books have been sold in more than 10 countries.
The Heroes of Olympus
The Heroes of Olympus is a five-part series of books written by American author Rick Riordan which ended with The Blood of Olympus in October 2014. It chronicles the events of seven demigods and their obstacles involving the waking of the earth goddess, Gaea, and their efforts to stop her. It picks up a few months after the end of Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. Themes include love and teenage angst, as well as dealing with homosexuality.
Riordan based some of his series on The Golden Fleece and The Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles by Padraic Colum.
Short story collections
The Demigod Files
The Demigod Files is a collection of stories by Rick Riordan published on February 10, 2009. It is a companion book to the main series, Percy Jackson & the Olympians. It contains three short stories, titled "Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot", "Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon", and "Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades", as well as a preview of The Last Olympian. Additional contents include interviews with some of the campers, a picture of Annabeth's trunk, a map of Camp Half-Blood, and various crossword puzzles and other activities. It is set between the fourth book, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and the fifth book, The Last Olympian.
The Demigod Diaries
The Demigod Diaries is collection of short stories relating to The Heroes of Olympus book series. There are puzzles, games, and four short stories, 'The Diary of Luke Castellan','Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes',Leo Valdez and the Quest for Buford','Son of Magic'.
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods
This book is a retelling of several famous myths as narrated by Percy Jackson. It was released on August 7, 2014.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (also known as Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief) is a 2010 fantasy film directed by Chris Columbus. The film is loosely based on The Lightning Thief, the first novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. It stars Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson alongside an ensemble cast that includes Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Jake Abel, Rosario Dawson, Steve Coogan, Uma Thurman, Catherine Keener, Kevin McKidd, Sean Bean and Pierce Brosnan. It was released to theaters on February 12, 2010.
The film cost $95 million to make. In its opening weekend in North America the film ranked number two, and in its first weekend the film made $38.8 million. The film made $226,497,209 worldwide.
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (also known as Percy Jackson & The Sea of Monsters) is a 2013 fantasy film and the sequel to the 2010 film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. It continues the adventures of Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) and his friends, as they look for the golden fleece, in order to save Camp Half-Blood's magical borders from monsters. The film is based on the book The Sea of Monsters, and released on August 7, 2013. It was considered[by whom?] to not be very accurate to the book.
- "PRESS RELEASE: Disney Book Group Launches Rick Riordan's New Five-Book Series, The Heroes of Olympus, on October 12 with a Live Webcast from the Laydown Event for Book 1, The Lost Hero". Fox Business. 13 September 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Best Sellers – The New York Times". New York Times. 28 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- Riordan, Rick (20 June 2010). "The Lost Hero cover unveiled!". Myth & Mystery. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- A. Sellers, John (13 September 2010). "Disney Announces Print Run, Plans for 'Percy Jackson' Spinoff". 'Publishers Weekly'. Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- Colum, Padraic (2010) . The Golden Fleece and the Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles. Illustrated by Willy Pogany; Introduction by Rick Riordan. Random House. p. 368. ISBN 978-0-375-86709-5.
- The Demigod Files on the author's website[dead link]
- "The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series)". barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- The Demigod Diaries on Amazon
- "Exclusive sneak peek! Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods by Rick Riordan". August 2, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Contact Information and FAQ:Rick Riordan". Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief at Box Office Mojo
- "What Does The 'Percy Jackson' Opening Weekend Mean For Logan Lerman's 'Spider-Man' Chances?". Marshall, Rick. MTV. February 16, 2010.