House of Tyszkiewicz
|Ethnicity||Polish, Ukrainian, Lithuanian|
|Current region||Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania|
|Notable members||Ludwik Tyszkiewicz
The Tyszkiewicz family (Polish: Tyszkiewiczowie, singular: Tyszkiewicz, Belarusian: Тышкевічы, singular: Тышкевіч, Lithuanian: Tiškevičiai, singular: Tiškevičius, Ukrainian: Тишкевичі, singular: Тишкевич, Russian: Тышкевичи, singular: Тышкевич) was a wealthy and influential Polish-Lithuanian magnate family of Ruthenian origin, with roots traced to the times of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. They held the Polish coat of arms Leliwa. Their nobility was reaffirmed in Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Russian Empire.
The family traces its roots to a 15th-century Ruthenian boyar Kalenyk Mishkovych and derives from the name of his son, Tysha, which was reflected e.g. in the name Tyszkiewicz-Kalenicki.
Places named Tyszkiewicz Palace, "former Tyszkiewicz Palace", Tiškevičiai Palace, and other historical properties of the family are located in Warsaw, Kraków and Vilnius, as well as in numerous towns of modern Poland, Belarus, Lithuania and Ukraine (in Palanga, Kretinga, Lahojsk, Raudondvaris, Berdychiv, Biržai, Kavarskas, Deltuva, Trakai, Lentvaris, Seredžius, etc.)
- Eustachy Tyszkiewicz (1814–1873)
- Janusz Skumin Tyszkiewicz
- Janusz Tyszkiewicz Łohojski
- Katarzyna Eugenia Tyszkiewicz
- Konstanty Tyszkiewicz
- Ludwik Skumin Tyszkiewicz, Field Lithuanian Hetman (Grand Treasurer) of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
- Count Michal Tyszkiewicz (1828–1897), collector and amateur Egyptologist
- Samuel Tyszkiewicz
- Tadeusz Tyszkiewicz, (1774–1852) a general
- Teodor Skumin Tyszkiewicz, Grand Treasurer of Lithuania of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
- Count Mykhaylo Tyshkevych (1857—1930) - Ukrainian politician, patron of Prosvita Society, ambassador of Ukrainian State to Vatican.
|Astravas Manor||Tiškevičiai Palace, Palanga||Tyszkiewicz (Tiškevičiai) Palace on Lake Galvė, Trakai|
- Jerzy Jan Lerski, Piotr Wróbel, Richard J. Kozicki (1996). Historical Dictionary of Poland, 966-1945. Greenwood Publishing. p. 616.
- Walerian Kalinka, Dzieła, chapter "Żywot Tadeusza Tyskiewicza", 1900, Google Print, p.195-198 (public domain)
- Potocka-Wąsowiczowa, Anna z Tyszkiewiczów. Wspomnienia naocznego świadka. Warszawa: Państwowy Instytut Wydawniczy, 1965.