Tzvi Hersh Weinreb
|Rabbi Dr. Tzvi Hersh Weinreb|
|Semicha||Rabbi Jacob Joseph Yeshiva|
Rabbi Dr. Tzvi Hersh Weinreb (born 1940) is an ordained rabbi, a qualified psychotherapist and the Executive Vice President Emeritus of the Orthodox Union, the largest Orthodox Jewish organisation in North America; a position he has held since 2002. Rabbi Dr. Weinreb serves as the Editor-in-Chief of the Koren Talmud Bavli with commentary by Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz. 
Rabbinic ordination and education
He received his rabbinic ordination from the Rabbi Jacob Joseph Yeshiva in New York. He received his Masters degree in Psychology from the New School for Social Research, and earned his PhD from the University of Maryland. For 13 years he was the rabbi at Congregation Shomrei Emunah in Baltimore. He served on the Rabbinic Cabinet of United Jewish Communities, on the Executive Committee of the Rabbinical Council of America, and on the boards of various other organizational and educational institutions.
Scholar on domestic violence
Leader of the Orthodox Union
In early 2007 it was announced that he was to step down from his position, however in an interview with The Forward he made it clear that this was not of his own choice, and following pressure he was asked to retain his position until 2009.
In 2009, Rabbi Weinreb was named Executive-Vice President, Emeritus and Rabbi Steven Weil was named as his successor. In July 2009, Rabbi Weil transitioned in and assumed the position of Executive Vice President.
Trip to Israel
He is considered an Orthodox centrist.
- "Baltimore Rabbi Tapped To Head OU: Torah scholar, a widely sought speaker on domestic violence, impressed search committee with plans to restore group's stature following Lanner incident". By Gary Rosenblatt, Jewish Week, September 21, 2001
- "Weinreb to stay at O.U." JTA, April 26, 2007
- "The Talmud - Soncino, ArtScroll, and Koren ." Emes Ve-Emunah: The Talmud – Soncino, Artscroll, and Koren, June 10, 2012.
- "RCA Biography of Weinreb"
- "Rabbi Weinreb's mission: New job: Shomrei Emunah leader will head central organization of 1,000 Orthodox synagogues." The Baltimore Sun, October 2, 2001.
- "New Orthodox Union head aims to heal embattled group" Wiener, Julie. Jewish Telegraphic Agency. September 9, 2001
- "O.U. Leader Being Pushed Out", Nathaniel Popper, The Forward, January 12, 2007
- "OU Announces Rabbi Steven Weil of Beverly Hills as Next Executive Vice President". Orthodox Union, May 6, 2008.
- "O.U. group comes under fire in Sderot" JTA, May 31, 2007
- "Orthodox But Not Monolithic", Amy Klein, Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles, 2006-01-06
- Statement by the Orthodox Union on the Passing of Pope John Paul II