U.S. Route 95 in California
|Defined by S&HC § 395|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||116.721 mi (187.844 km)
Length does not reflect the distance along I-10 and I-40 overlaps.
|Existed:||1930s – present|
|South end:||I‑10 / US 95 at Arizona state line|
| I‑10 in Blythe
I‑40 in Needles
US 66 in Needles
|North end:||US 95 at Nevada state line|
In the U.S. state of California, U.S. Route 95 (US 95) traverses through the far eastern edges of both Riverside and San Bernardino counties. US 95 serves Blythe and Needles and junctions with SR 62 at Vidal Junction.
US 95, running concurrently with I-10, crosses the Colorado River from the state of Arizona and enters the city of Blythe. The highway exits I-10 at Intake Boulevard and turns due north, leaving the city limits. A few miles north, US 95 turns northeast to parallel the Colorado River. The route passes through the Big Maria Mountains and the Riverside Mountains before entering San Bernardino County.
Upon entering San Bernardino County, US 95 turns away from the Colorado River, heading northwest towards Vidal Junction, the junction with SR 62 in the Vidal Valley. The highway continues north through the Chemehuevi Valley and the Chemehuevi Mountains before entering the city of Needles after several miles. After passing the Needles Municipal Airport, US 95 merges onto I-40 westbound and continues through Needles on the freeway. US 95 exits from I-40 west of Needles and continues northwest to Searchlight Junction, where US 95 continues north at the junction with the old routing of US 66. The highway continues north, east of Homer Mountain, to the Nevada state line.
It is also one of four U.S. Highways in California not affected by the 1964 renumbering, the others being U.S. Route 97 and U.S. Route 199 in the northern portion of the state, and U.S. Route 395 which was truncated for other reasons in 1969.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary. The numbers reset at county lines; the start and end postmiles in each county are given in the county column.
RIV R156.49[N 1]-36.20
|Blythe||R156.49[N 1]||Arizona state line|
|R156.10[N 1]||243||I‑10 Bus. west (Riviera Drive)||Former US 60 west|
|North end of freeway on I-10|
|I‑10 west / Intake Boulevard – Indio||Interchange; north end of I-10 overlap|
|I‑10 Bus. (Hobson Way)||Former US 60|
|Vidal Junction||9.68||SR 62 (Desert Center Rice Road) – Twentynine Palms, Parker|
|37.30||Havasu Lake Road – Chemehuevi Valley, Lake Havasu|
|I‑40 east (Needles Freeway) / I‑40 Bus. west (East Broadway) – Kingman||Interchange; south end of I-40 overlap|
|South end of freeway on I-40|
|R142.37[N 2]||142||J Street – Downtown Needles|
|R141.01[N 2]||141||I‑40 Bus. east (West Broadway), River Road|
|R139.11[N 2]||139||River Road Cutoff||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|North end of freeway on I-40|
|I‑40 west (Needles Freeway) – Barstow||Interchange; north end of I-40 overlap|
|Arrowhead Junction||63.94||CR 66 west (Goffs Road) – Goffs||Former US 66 west|
|80.45||Nevada state line|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "CA Codes (shc:250-257)". Leginfo.ca.gov. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "CA Codes (shc:260-284)". Leginfo.ca.gov. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "Officially Designated State Scenic Highways and Historic Parkways". California Department of Transportation. December 7, 2007. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- Thomas Brothers (2008). Riverside County Street Atlas (Map).
- Thomas Brothers (2008). San Bernardino County Street Atlas (Map).
- "CAHighways.org, Routes 89-96". Cahighways.org. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "CAHighways.org, Routes 97-104". Cahighways.org. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "CAHighways.org, Routes 193-200". Cahighways.org. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "CAHighways.org, Routes 305-440". Cahighways.org. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
- California Department of Transportation, California Numbered Exit Uniform System, Interstate 10 Freeway Interchanges Interstate 40 Freeway Interchanges
|U.S. Route 95|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to U.S. Route 95 in California.|