UEFA Euro 2008 (video game)
|UEFA Euro 2008|
|Developer(s)||EA Canada (PS3, Xbox 360)
HB Studios (PS2, PSP, PC)
UEFA Euro 2008 is the official video game of the Euro 2008 football tournament, published by EA Sports. It was developed collaboratively by EA Canada and HB Studios and was released in Europe and North America on April 18, 2008 and May 19, 2008 respectively. The commentary was provided by Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend.
- UEFA Euro 2008: Play as one of 53 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of Euro 2008 in Austria and Switzerland.
- Captain Your Country: Play as yourself on the same team with up to three friends, all playing individual positions on the pitch. Compete collaboratively to win games but compete against each other for the captaincy. Develop your player through eight status levels to earn the captaincy of your country and the right to lead your team.
- European Campaign: Represent your country online against your rivals around the world to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points.
- Online Knockout Draw: Battle gamers from other nations online in 16-team single elimination tournaments to gain points for your nation.
- Home & Away Match Strategy: CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for away teams intent on playing for a draw.
- Authentic Stadiums: Compete in all 8 official stadiums of Euro 2008.
- Dynamic Player Ratings: Real-time player ratings change based on actual player performance, simulating the momentum swings of a real season.
- Story of Qualifying: Play the qualifying campaign and step up at key defining moments to lead your country to Europe's biggest prize. Complete team and individual tasks.
- Dynamic Rain and Mud: Winter weather from across Europe is authentically re-created to simulate real-world playing conditions. Experience driving rain that creates sloppy, muddy pitches which dramatically impacts passing and player performance.
- Enhanced Penalty Kicks: Experience the challenge of a penalty shoot-out as if you were on the pitch. Master your nerves to score the goal that puts your team in the final.
- Team Managers: Watch reactions from team managers on the sideline as they shout encouragement or become disappointed in your team's performance.
UEFA National Teams
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Faroe Islands
- Republic of Ireland
- Northern Ireland
- San Marino
The following songs are featured in the game.
|Carolina Liar||I'm Not Over||Coming to Terms|
|Crystal Castles||Air War||Crystal Castles|
|Yelle||À Cause des Garçons (Riot in Belgium Remix)||Pop Up|
|The Pigeon Detectives||I'm Not Sorry||Wait for Me|
|Boys Noize||Don't Believe the Hype||Oi Oi Oi|
|Datarock||I Used to Dance With My Daddy||Datarock Datarock|
|Ejectorseat||Attack Attack Attack||Attack Attack Attack|
|Infected Mushroom||Becoming Insane||Vicious Delicious|
|Junkie XL Feat. Electrocute||Mad Pursuit||Booming Back at You|
|Karoshi Bros.||Love the World||Karoshi Bros.|
|Look See Proof||Casualty||Between Here and There|
|The Magic Numbers||Take a Chance||Those the Brokes|
|Mendetz||The Boola Shines In a Pink Neon Room||Mendetz|
|Operator Please||Get What You Want||Yes Yes Vindictive|
|Pete and the Pirates||Come On Feet||Little Death|
|The Features||I Will Wander||Contrast|
|The Magnificents||Get It Boy||Year of Explorers|
|The Young Punx||Your Music Is Killing Me||Your Music Is Killing Me|
EA issued an apology after mistakenly using the Soldier's Song as Northern Ireland's anthem within the game, instead of God Save The Queen. Public Relations head Shaun White said "we pride ourselves on delivering rich and authentic videogame experiences. We sincerely apologise for this error." The apology was welcomed by Gregory Campbell, Northern Ireland's Sports Minister, who said "Any apology on this matter is most welcome. Obviously there's has been a lack of knowledge on the makers' part and hopefully it will be changed as soon as possible".