|UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||December 12, 2009|
On October 21, it was announced that a previous matchup between welterweight contenders Thiago Alves and Paulo Thiago had been changed to Alves vs. Jon Fitch because Fitch's opponent for UFC 106, Ricardo Almeida, suffered an injury. Paulo Thiago fought on UFC 106 on November 21 against UFC newcomer Jacob Volkmann and won the fight by unanimous decision.
It was then announced on October 30 that Fitch would again be without an opponent as Alves was forced to withdraw because of a posterior cruciate ligament tear. It was later announced that Jon Fitch would face Mike Pierce at UFC 107.
A middleweight bout between Alan Belcher and Wilson Gouveia was changed to a 195-pound catchweight bout after Gouveia asked for a 190-pound catchweight limit, but Belcher gave a counter-offer of 195 pounds.
Another matchup scheduled for this card was a match-up between The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights coaches Rashad Evans and Quinton Jackson but the bout was cancelled after Jackson was selected for the role of Cpl. Bosco Albert "B.A." (Bad Attitude) Baracus in The A-Team film. The fight would later happen at UFC 114.
|Lightweight||B.J. Penn (c)||def.||Diego Sanchez||TKO (cut)||5||2:37||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Frank Mir||def.||Cheick Kongo||Technical submission (guillotine choke)||1||1:12|
|Welterweight||Jon Fitch||def.||Mike Pierce||Unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Kenny Florian||def.||Clay Guida||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||2:19|
|Heavyweight||Stefan Struve||def.||Paul Buentello||Majority decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight||(195 lbs): Alan Belcher||def.||Wilson Gouveia||TKO (punches)||1||3:03||[b]|
|Lightweight||Matt Wiman||def.||Shane Nelson||Unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Johny Hendricks||def.||Ricardo Funch||Unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–25)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Rousimar Palhares||def.||Lucio Linhares||Submission (heel hook)||2||3:21|
|Welterweight||DaMarques Johnson||def.||Edgar Garcia||Submission (triangle choke)||1||4:03||[c]|
|Welterweight||TJ Grant||def.||Kevin Burns||TKO (punches)||1||4:57|
- For the Lightweight Championship
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Mir vs. Kongo fight.
- This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Penn vs. Sanchez fight.
Fighters were awarded $65,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia
- Knockout of the Night: TJ Grant
- Submission of the Night: DaMarques Johnson
- ""UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez" draws reported 13,896 attendees for "over $1.5 million" gate". mmajunkie.com. 2009-10-13.
- "UFC 107". UFC.com. 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- Thiago Alves forced to withdraw from UFC 107 bout with Jon Fitch (Updated)
- "Heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee forced out of UFC 107 with undisclosed injury". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2009-11-04.[dead link]
- "Stefan Struve replaces Todd Duffee, meets Paul Buentello on UFC 107 main card". MMAJunkie.com. 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "BELCHER VS. GOUVEIA NOW CATCHWEIGHT BOUT (UPDATED)". MMAWeekly.com. 2009-12-11. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "UFC 107 fighter bonuses: Belcher, Gouveia, Grant and Johnson earn $65K awards". mmajunkie.com. 2009-10-13.