|UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||21 February 2010|
UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on Sunday, 21 February 2010 in Sydney, Australia, at Acer Arena. The event marked the UFC's first trip to Australia. The main card was scheduled for 2:00 pm Sunday in Sydney to cater to the U.S. audience, meaning that the event took place at the regular U.S. time (10:00 pm ET, on Saturday 20 February).
The event drew 17,431 fans, a sell out of A$2.5 million. 400 tickets were sold to a closed circuit viewing party at the Arena's Ballroom, making the number of total fans inside the building 17,831. The event grossed $540,000 in merchandise sales, breaking the previous record of $498,000 at UFC 83. Total sales topped the previous Acer Arena record held by Iron Maiden.
A bout between Nate Marquardt and Chael Sonnen which was expected to take place on this card was moved to UFC 109. A bout between Keith Jardine and Rich Franklin had been discussed, but Jardine eventually fought the Ultimate Fighter 8 winner Ryan Bader.
A bout between Elvis Sinosic and Chris Haseman was due to be the first ever all-Australian bout to take place in the UFC. However, a shoulder injury forced Sinosic out of the fight on 18 February, and bout was pulled from the card as a result. Additionally, Ben Rothwell was sidelined by an illness, leading to Australian veteran Anthony Perosh stepping in to face Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović.
Tickets for the event sold out on the first day they were available to the general public. It was, at the time, the second fastest sellout of an event in the history of the UFC, behind UFC 83 (which was the first ever UFC event in Canada). This record was later broken by UFC 127, the second event to be held in Australia. UFC 110 aired live on Australian free-to-air sports channel ONE HD.
|Heavyweight||Cain Velasquez||def||Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira||KO (punches)||1||2:20|
|Middleweight||Wanderlei Silva||def||Michael Bisping||unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||George Sotiropoulos||def||Joe Stevenson||unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Ryan Bader||def||Keith Jardine||KO (punch)||3||2:10|
|Heavyweight||Mirko Filipović||def||Anthony Perosh||TKO (doctor stoppage)||2||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Krzysztof Soszynski||def||Stephan Bonnar||TKO (doctor stoppage)||3||1:04||[a]|
|Welterweight||Chris Lytle||def||Brian Foster||submission (kneebar)||1||1:41||[b]|
|Middleweight||CB Dollaway||def||Goran Reljic||unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||James Te-Huna||def||Igor Pokrajac||KO (punches)||3||3:26|
- This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Nogueira vs. Velasquez fight.
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Jardine vs. Bader fight.
Fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
- Knockout of the Night: Cain Velasquez
- Submission of the Night: Chris Lytle
- UFC 110's reported attendance qualifies as highest-ever for UFC outside of North America
- SportsBusiness Journal: UFC Sets Company Merchandise Sales Record in Australia
- "Wanderlei Silva confirms rumored UFC 110 headliner with Yoshihiro Akiyama in Australia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- "Bisping vs. Silva official for "UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez"". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 13 December 2009.
- "Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen middleweight bout set for UFC 109 (not UFC 110)". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "Rich Franklin vs. Keith Jardine possible for UFC 110". fiveknuckles.com. Retrieved 12 November 2009.
- "Dong Hyun Kim vs. Chris Lytle set for UFC 110 in Australia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 21 November 2009.
- "Dong Hyun Kim withdraws from UFC 110; Chris Lytle currently without opponent". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 12 December 2009.
- "UFC 110 bonuses: Sotiropoulos, Stevenson, Velasquez and Lytle earn $50,000 awards". MMAjunkie. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 21 February 2010.