|UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 8, 2010|
|City||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
UFC 113 featured the rematch between Lyoto Machida and Mauricio Rua for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. The two first met at UFC 104, where Lyoto Machida retained his belt in a controversial unanimous decision victory.
For the co-main event, a bout between former Light Heavyweight champions Rashad Evans and Quinton Jackson was initially linked to this event, but was subsequently moved to UFC 114 where the pairing served as the headliner.
Nick Catone was forced out of his bout with John Salter due to a back injury. UFC veteran David Loiseau was supposed to step in as his replacement, but Loiseau was denied a license to appear on this card due to alleged ties to organized crime. Salter ended up fighting returning UFC fighter Jason MacDonald. Loiseau would still make his return to the UFC having faced Mario Miranda at UFC 115.
According to UFC President Dana White, the winner of the Josh Koscheck-Paul Daley fight would receive a title shot at Georges St-Pierre for the UFC Welterweight Championship and be the opposing coach to St. Pierre in the upcoming twelfth season of the UFC reality TV show, The Ultimate Fighter.
|Light Heavyweight||Maurício Rua||def.||Lyoto Machida (c)||KO (punches)||1||3:35||[a]|
|Welterweight||Josh Koscheck||def.||Paul Daley||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Jeremy Stephens||def.||Sam Stout||Decision (split)(30-27, 28-29, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Matt Mitrione||def.||Kimbo Slice||TKO (punches)||2||4:24|
|Middleweight||Alan Belcher||def.||Patrick Côté||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||3:25|
|Middleweight||Joe Doerksen||def.||Tom Lawlor||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||2:10||[b]|
|Welterweight||Marcus Davis||def.||Jonathan Goulet||TKO (punches)||2||1:23||[c]|
|Welterweight||Johny Hendricks||def.||TJ Grant||Decision (majority) (29-27, 29-27, 28-28)||3||5:00||[d]|
|Heavyweight||Joey Beltran||def.||Tim Hague||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-26, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Mike Guymon||def.||Yoshiyuki Yoshida||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||John Salter||def.||Jason MacDonald||TKO (ankle injury)||1||2:42|
- For the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Stout vs. Stephens fight
- This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Machida vs. Rua fight
- Grant had a point deducted due to multiple groin strikes.
After the bell sounded to signify the end of the final round, Koscheck walked back to his corner with a visibly upset Paul Daley following. What looked to be a gesture of good sportsmanship turned out to be a sucker punch delivered by Daley which connected. In the post-fight press conference, Koscheck went on to say, "Oh yeah, it hurt. It was the best shot he landed all-night." Dana White stated "He [Daley] will never fight in the UFC again."
Fighters were awarded $65,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Jeremy Stephens vs. Sam Stout
- Knockout of the Night: Mauricio Rua
- Submission of the Night: Alan Belcher
- "UFC 113 draws reported attendance of 17,647 for $3.27 million live gate". mmajunkie.com. May 9, 2009.
- Iannotti, James (May 24, 2010). "UFC 113: Early reports suggest Montreal event garnered 520,000 PPV buys". MMA Mania. Retrieved May 30, 2010.
- "UFC 113". ufc.com. Retrieved February 12, 2010.
- "Rashad Evans vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Likely for UFC 113 in May". mmafrenzy.com. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- "UFC 114 official for May 29, Rashad Evans vs. Quinton Jackson headlines". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Doerksen Replaces Credeur at UFC 113". sherdog.com. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "Tim Hague in for Chad Corvin, faces Joey Beltran at UFC 113 in May". mmajunkie.com. April 21, 2010.
- "UFC vet David Loiseau replaces injured Nick Catone, faces John Salter at UFC 113". MMAjunkie.com. April 23, 2010. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "Loiseau Denied License By Quebec Commission | Top MMA News at". Topmmanews.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- Linn, Brennan (April 27, 2010). "David Loiseau Denied License in Montreal Because of Alleged Ties to Organized Crime". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- Botter, Jeremy (April 26, 2010). "David Loiseau Out Of UFC 113 Bout With John Salter". Heavy.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- Marrocco, Steven (April 27, 2010). "Source: Jason MacDonald will face John Salter at UFC 113 in May". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- Morgan, John (May 6, 2010). "Dana White: UFC 113's Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck winner gets title shot". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- Morgan, John (May 7, 2010). "Georges St-Pierre, Josh Koscheck/Paul Daley winner to coach "The Ultimate Fighter 12"". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- Morgan, John (May 9, 2010). "Dana White: Following cheap shot, UFC 113's Paul Daley won't fight in the UFC again". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "UFC 113 bonuses: Rua, Belcher, Stephens and Stout earn $65K awards".