|UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 29, 2010|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on May 29, 2010 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Paradise, Nevada. The UFC Fan Expo took place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Spike TV once again broadcast two live preliminary bouts one hour before the PPV broadcast began. In addition, the three-part UFC Primetime series returned to Spike TV in the build up for this event.
The full fight card featured five Ultimate Fighter season champions (Rashad Evans, Michael Bisping, Diego Sanchez, Amir Sadollah and Efrain Escudero), making it just the second UFC event (after The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom Finale the previous year) to feature 5 TUF champions. Another Ultimate Fighter winner, Forrest Griffin, was also scheduled to compete at this event, but had to pull out due to injury.
UFC President Dana White confirmed that the winner between Jackson-Evans would fight UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Mauricio Rua for the title in their next bout, but it never took place after Rashad Evans (who won the UFC 114 main event) was injured and ultimately replaced by Jon Jones for the title match at UFC 128 in March 2011. Rua's manager had originally suggested he could see Rua's first title defense against Randy Couture, though that bout was not likely to occur.
Jackson was originally supposed to fight Evans for the title after defeating Keith Jardine at UFC 96 in March 2009, but a jaw injury during that fight allowed Lyoto Machida to replace him in the UFC 98 title fight, which Machida won. Jackson was then expected to fight for the title against Machida, but instead became a coach on The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights against Evans.
- Jensen defeated Forbes via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:06 of round 1.
- Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs. Joe Brammer
- Riley defeated Brammer via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Diabaté defeated Cane via TKO (punches) at 2:13 of round 1. This bout aired on the Spike broadcast following the Escudero vs. Lauzon fight.
- Guillard defeated Lowe via TKO (knee to the body) at 3:28 of round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Duffee vs. Russow fight.
Preliminary card (televised)
- Escudero defeated Lauzon via unanimous decision (29–27, 29–27, 29–27). Escudero was deducted 1 point due to repeated kicks to the groin.
- Kim defeated Sadollah via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Hathaway defeated Sanchez via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–26).
- Nogueira defeated Brilz via split decision (28–29, 29–28, 29–28).
- Russow defeated Duffee via KO (punch) at 2:33 in round 3.
- Bisping defeated Miller via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
- Evans defeated Jackson via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29-28).
Fighters were awarded $65,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz
- Knockout of the Night: Mike Russow
- Submission of the Night: Ryan Jensen
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Rashad Evans $410,000 ($185,000 win bonus) def. Quinton Jackson $250,000
- Michael Bisping $325,000 ($150,000 win bonus) def. Dan Miller $15,000
- Mike Russow $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. Todd Duffee $8,000
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira $120,000 ($40,000 win bonus) def. Jason Brilz $11,000
- John Hathaway $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus) def. Diego Sanchez $50,000
- Dong Hyun Kim $64,000 ($32,000 win bonus) def. Amir Sadollah $15,000
- Efrain Escudero $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus) def. Dan Lauzon $15,000
- Melvin Guillard $38,000 ($19,000 win bonus) def. Waylon Lowe $6,000
- Cyrille Diabate $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Luiz Cane $19,000
- Aaron Riley $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Joe Brammer $5,000
- Ryan Jensen $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Jesse Forbes $6,000
|Aaron Riley||Jeff & Mychael Danna||"The Blood of Cuchulainn"||Boondock Saints OST|
|Amir Sadollah||Laera||"Odissea Mediterranea"||Laera|
|Antonio Rogerio Nogueira||Method Man & Redman||"Da Rockwilder"||Blackout!|
|Cyrille Diabaté||Stromae||"Alors On Danse"||Cheese|
|Dan Miller||Creedence Clearwater Revival||"Run Through the Jungle"||Cosmo's Factory|
|Diego Sanchez||T.I.||"I'm Back"||King Uncaged|
|Dong Hyun Kim||Rain||"Hip Song"||Back to the Basic|
|Jason Brilz||Pennywise||"Bro Hymn"||Pennywise|
|Jesse Forbes||Tina Turner||"The Best"||Foreign Affair|
|Joe Brammer||Eminem||"Not Afraid"||"Recovery"|
|John Hathaway||Rolling Stones||"Paint it Black"||Aftermath|
|Luiz Cane||Quantize vs. BLT||"Monkey And The Rabbit Shoulders"||Time|
|Melvin Guillard||Al Green||"Love and Happiness"||Al Green's Greatest Hits|
|Michael Bisping||Blur||"Song 2"||Blur|
|Mike Russow||Shinedown||"Simple Man"||Leave a Whisper|
|Quinton Jackson||Al Kapone||"Ain't Stoppin' Me"||Ain't Stoppin' Me [Single]|
|Rashad Evans||Mobb Deep||"Shook Ones, Pt. II"||The Infamous|
|Ryan Jensen||Disturbed||"Stupify"||The Sickness|
|Todd Duffee||John C. Reilly||"Walk Hard"||Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story|
|Waylon Lowe||Drake (feat. Eminem, Lil Wayne & Kanye West)||"Forever"||More Than a Game OST|
- "NSAC corrects UFC 114 attendance and gate; promotion's estimates nearly spot-on". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- "Updated UFC 114 Buyrate: 1,050,000". Bloody Elbow.
- "UFC 114". ufc.com. Retrieved March 18, 2010.
- "Spike TV confirms three part UFC Primetime: Rampage vs. Evans special for UFC 114". MMAjunkie.
- Dan Stupp. "UFC 114 takes place at MGM in Las Vegas, UFC Fan Expo 2010 at Mandalay Bay". MMAjunkie.
- Morgan, John (May 4, 2010). "Jason Brilz agrees to face Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 114". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "Thiago Tavares Out of UFC 114 Matchup with Melvin Guillard". mmafrenzy.com. Retrieved May 11, 2010.
- carmichaeldave (May 10, 2010). "Dana White: Shogun’s first defense at 205 « Sports 1140 KHTK". Khtk.cbslocal.com. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "UFC 114 fighter bonuses: Jensen, Russow, Nogueira and Brilz earn $65K awards".
- "UFC 114 Payouts: Evans Earns $410,000". sherdog.com. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- "MMA Entrances". MMA Entrances. 2012-04-21. Retrieved 2012-05-28.