|UFC 125: Resolution|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 1, 2011|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
UFC 125: Resolution was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on January 1, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Paradise, Nevada. This was the last UFC event with a subtitle other than simply the names of the headlining fighters.
On October 28, 2010, UFC president Dana White announced that World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) would merge with the UFC and that WEC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo would be promoted to UFC Featherweight Champion. Josh Grispi was pulled from a planned WEC 52 bout with Erik Koch to challenge Aldo for the Featherweight title at this event. However, Aldo was later forced off the card with an injury. Grispi remained on the card and fought Dustin Poirier.
UFC 125 preliminary fights were shown live for the first time on Ion Television in the United States. The preliminary fights were shown live in the United Kingdom on ESPN, Rogers Sportsnet in Canada and Fuel TV in Australia.
- Volkmann defeated McKee via split decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–29).
- Roberts defeated Soto via submission (kimura) at 3:45 of round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Edgar vs. Maynard fight.
- Nunes defeated Brown via split decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–29).
Preliminary card (televised)
- Tavares defeated Baroni via KO (knees and punches) at 4:20 of round 1. This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Roberts vs. Soto fight.
- Poirier defeated Grispi via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Stephens defeated Davis via KO (punch) at 2:33 of round 3.
- Guida defeated Gomi via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:27 of round 2.
- Kim defeated Diaz via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Silva defeated Vera via unanimous decision (30–26, 30–27, 30–27). Silva falsified his urine sample during a post-fight drug test and the NSAC ruled the bout a no contest.
- Stann defeated Leben via TKO (knee and punches) 3:37 of round 1.
- Edgar and Maynard fought to a split draw (46–48, 48–46, 47–47). Edgar retain the UFC Lightweight Championship.
Fighters were awarded $60,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
- Knockout of the Night: Jeremy Stephens
- Submission of the Night: Clay Guida
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Frankie Edgar: $102,000 ($51,000 win bonus) vs. Gray Maynard: $52,000 ($26,000 win bonus) ^
- Brian Stann: $42,000 ($21,000 win bonus) def. Chris Leben: $46,000
- Thiago Silva: $110,000 ($55,000 win bonus) def. Brandon Vera: $60,000
- Dong Hyun Kim: $70,000 ($35,000 win bonus) def. Nate Diaz: $33,000
- Clay Guida: $62,000 ($31,000 win bonus) def. Takanori Gomi: $50,000
- Jeremy Stephens: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Davis: $31,000
- Dustin Poirier: $8,000 ($4,000 win bonus) def. Josh Grispi: $15,000
- Brad Tavares: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Phil Baroni: $25,000
- Diego Nunes: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Mike Brown: $23,000
- Daniel Roberts: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. Greg Soto: $8,000
- Jacob Volkmann: $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus) def. Antonio McKee: $15,000
^Although not reflected in the NSAC paperwork, both Edgar and Maynard received their win bonuses despite the draw.
|Antonio McKee||The Black Eyed Peas||"I Gotta Feeling"||The E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies)|
|Brad Tavares||Lil Wayne||"Right Above It"||I Am Not A Human Being|
|Brandon Vera||Kanye West||"Runaway"||My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy|
|Brian Stann||Five Finger Death Punch||"Hard to See"||War is the Answer|
|Chris Leben||Red Hot Chili Peppers||"Love Rollercoaster"||Beavis & Butt-Head Do America OST|
|Clay Guida||Foo Fighters||"My Hero"||The Colour and the Shape|
|Daniel Roberts||Ennio Morricone||"Death Rides A Horse"||Death Rides A Horse OST|
|Diego Nunes||Braille||"Blessed Man"||IV Edition|
|Dong Hyun Kim||Yasuharu Takanashi||"Pride'"||???|
|Dustin Poirier||Lil Wayne (feat. Eminem)||"Drop the World"||Rebirth|
|Frankie Edgar||The Notorious B.I.G.||Kick in the Door||Life After Death|
|Gray Maynard||Young Jeezy||"Lose My Mind"||TM 103|
|Greg Soto||Puff Daddy (feat. The Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)||"Victory"||No Way Out|
|Josh Grispi||Chiddy Bang||"Opposite of Adults"||The Swelly Express|
|Marcus Davis||Tomoyasu Hotei||"Battle Without Honor or Humanity"||Electric Samurai|
|Mike Brown||Lynyrd Skynyrd||"Simple Man"||Pronounced 'lĕh-'nérd 'skin-'nérd|
|Nate Diaz||2Pac||"Ballad of a Dead Soulja"||Until the End of Time|
|Phil Baroni||George Thorogood & the Destroyers||"Bad To The Bone"||Goin' South|
|Takanori Gomi||The Mad Capsule Markets||"Scary: Delete Streamin' Freq. from Fear Side"||Cistm Konfliqt...|
- Ray Hui. "UFC 125 Draws Paid Attendance of 6,978". MMA Fighting.
- "UFC 125: Resolution". ufc.com. October 21, 2010.
- "Injured Shane Carwin pulls out of UFC 125 co-main event with Roy Nelson".
- "New UFC Featherweight champ Jose Aldo defends title at UFC 125".
- Fernando Quiles Jr. "UFC 125: Jose Aldo vs Josh Grispi in the works for Jan. 1 in Las Vegas".
- "Injury forces new UFC champ Jose Aldo to withdraw from UFC 125". MMAjunkie.
- "With Jose Aldo out, Dustin Poirier faces Josh Grispi at UFC 125". MMAjunkie.
- "Miller vs. Wiman, Freire vs. Lowe official for UFC Fight Night 23".
- "Ion Television lands UFC 125 prelims; Dana White promises three fights". mmajunkie.com. December 28, 2010.
- "UFC 125 prelims air live on ESPN in U.K., Rogers Sportsnet in Canada". mmajunkie.com. 2010-12-29.
- "Fuel TV to broadcast Live UFC action". foxsports.com.au. 2010-12-31.
- "UFC 125 bonuses: Edgar, Maynard, Stephens and Guida each earn $60K awards". MMAjunkie.com. January 2, 2011.
- "UFC 125 salaries: Thiago Silva and Frankie Edgar top $872K fighter payroll".