|UFC 130: Rampage vs. Hamill|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 28, 2011|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
This event was to be the third meeting between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard and their second meeting for the UFC Lightweight Championship. The two met earlier this year at UFC 125: Resolution with the fight ending in a split draw, and Edgar retaining his title. Their first encounter at UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon saw Maynard win via unanimous decision.
It was later announced on May 9 that injuries to both forced the fight to be removed from the card. Edgar suffered broken ribs, while Maynard has suffered a knee injury.
On February 9, it was rumored that Thiago Silva had been forced from his bout with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and could be replaced by Rashad Evans. Silva stated that he was not injured and was looking forward to his bout with Jackson. Instead, information surfaced that Silva may have failed a pre-fight drug screening at UFC 125, which could result in his suspension. It was then announced that the proposed Rashad Evans bout was never close to being signed, and that Rampage would face Matt Hamill.
On April 20, Brad Pickett was forced to withdraw from his bout with Miguel Torres. Demetrious Johnson, who was set to fight Renan Barão on the undercard, stepped in as Pickett's replacement while Barao faced Cole Escovedo.
On April 27, Norifumi Yamamoto was forced out of his bout with Chris Cariaso due to injury. Michael McDonald, who was scheduled to take on Nick Pace at UFC 133, stepped in as Yamamoto's replacement.
Cody McKenzie was set to fight Bart Palaszewski in this event, but an injury forced him out of the card. UFC president Dana White later announced that Gleison Tibau would step up to replace McKenzie. Palaszewski was also injured and replaced by returning UFC veteran Rafaello Oliveira.
|Light Heavyweight||Quinton Jackson||def.||Matt Hamill||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Frank Mir||def.||Roy Nelson||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Travis Browne||def.||Stefan Struve||KO (superman punch)||1||4:11|
|Welterweight||Rick Story||def.||Thiago Alves||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Brian Stann||def.||Jorge Santiago||KO (punches)||2||4:29|
|Preliminary card (Spike TV)|
|Bantamweight||Demetrious Johnson||def.||Miguel Torres||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Tim Boetsch||def.||Kendall Grove||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary card (Facebook)|
|Lightweight||Gleison Tibau||def.||Rafaello Oliveira||Submission (rear naked choke)||2||3:28||[a]|
|Bantamweight||Michael McDonald||def.||Chris Cariaso||Decision (split) (29–28, 27–30, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Renan Barão||def.||Cole Escovedo||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
- This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Jackson vs. Hamill fight.
Fighters were awarded $70,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago
- Knockout of the Night: Travis Browne
- Submission of the Night: Gleison Tibau
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Quinton Jackson: $250,000 (no win bonus) def. Matt Hamill: $32,000
- Frank Mir: $250,000 ($125,000 win bonus) def. Roy Nelson: $15,000
- Travis Browne: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus) def. Stefan Struve: $21,000
- Rick Story: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus) def. Thiago Alves: $33,000
- Brian Stann: $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus) def. Jorge Santiago: $36,000
- Demetrious Johnson: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Miguel Torres: $30,000
- Tim Boetsch: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Kendall Grove: $26,000
- Gleison Tibau: $50,000 ($25,000 win bonus) def. Rafaello Oliveira: $10,000
- Michael McDonald: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Chris Cariaso: $4,000
- Renan Barão: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Cole Escovedo: $6,000
|Brian Stann||Shinedown||"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)"||The Sound of Madness|
|Demetrious Johnson||Kanye West||"All of the Lights"||My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy|
|Frank Mir||Kevin Rudolf||"In the City"||In the City|
|Jorge Santiago||T.I.||"I'm Back"||No Mercy|
|Matt Hamill||The Rolling Stones||"Can't You Hear Me Knocking"||Sticky Fingers|
|Miguel Torres||Lil Wayne||"Dontgetit"||Tha Carter III|
|Quinton Jackson||DMX||"One More Road to Cross"||...And Then There Was X|
|Rick Story||Black Label Society||"Overlord"||Order of the Black|
|Roy Nelson||"Weird Al" Yankovic||"Fat"||Even Worse|
|Stefan Struve||Tinie Tempah||"Written in the Stars"||Disc-Overy|
|Thiago Alves||T.I.||"Big Shit Poppin' (Do It)"||T.I. vs. T.I.P.|
|Travis Browne||DJ Khaled||"We Takin' Over"||We the Best|
- Stupp, Dann (June 20, 2011). "UFC 130 officially draws 12,753 attendees for $2.58 million live gate". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- "UFC 130: Rampage vs. Hamill". UFC.com. 2011-02-03.
- Chiappetta, Mike (May 9, 2011). "Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard off UFC 130". MMAFighting.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- Morgan, John; Marrocco, Steven (February 9, 2011). "Thiago Silva's status in doubt for UFC 130, "Rampage" Jackson could face Rashad Evans". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- "Matt Hamill replaces Thiago Silva, faces "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 130". mmajunkie.com. February 11, 2011.
- Martin, Damon (February 22, 2011). "Jorge Santiago Announces UFC Signing, Faces Brian Stann at UFC 130". MMAWeekly.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- Marrocco, Steven; Stupp, Dann (February 12, 2011). "Brian Stann likely to meet Jorge Santiago, not Wanderlei Silva, at UFC 130". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- "UFC fight card updates". ufc.com. April 22, 2011.
- Tabuena, Anton (April 27, 2011). "UFC 130: 'Kid' Yamamoto Injured, Michael McDonald Steps in Against Chris Cariaso". BloodyElbow.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- "McKenzie out, Tibau In". ufc.com. May 5, 2011.
- Whitman, Mike (May 19, 2011). "Oliveira Replaces Palaszewski, Faces Tibau at UFC 130". Sherdog.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- "Spike TV confirms Boetsch vs. Grove, Johnson vs. Torres for UFC 130 "UFC Prelims"". mmajunkie.com. May 17, 2011.
- "Facebook airs UFC 130's Palaszewski vs. Tibau, Cariaso vs. McDonald, Barao vs. Escovedo". mmajunkie.com. May 17, 2011.
- Stupp, Dann (May 29, 2011). "UFC 130 bonuses: Browne, Tibau, Stann and Santiago get $70K awards". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- "UFC 130 salaries: "Rampage" Jackson ($250K), Frank Mir ($250K) lead fighter payroll". mmajunkie.com. 2011-05-31.