||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (May 2012)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)
UFC 32: Showdown in the Meadowlands was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey on June 29, 2001. The event was seen live on pay per view in the United States, and later released on home video.
The card was headlined by the first Light Heavyweight Championship Bout (previously called "Middleweight") between Tito Ortiz and Elvis Sinosic. The event also featured the first appearance of future Heavyweight Champion Ricco Rodriguez.
UFC 32 marked the last appearance of longtime commentator Jeff Blatnick, who had been with the UFC since UFC 4. The event poster shows the towers of the World Trade Center in the background. Less than 3 months after the event, they were destroyed in the September 11 attacks.
Preliminary card 
- DeSouza wins by submission (choke) at 1:05 of the first round.
- Rodriguez wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 1:23 of the third round.
Main card 
- Matyushenko wins by unanimous decision at 15:00.
- Uno wins by KO (punches) at 1:48 of the first round.
- Miletich wins by KO (kick) at 2:42 of the second round.
- Barnett wins by submission (armbar) at 4:21 of the first round.
- Penn wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 2:42 of the first round.
- Ortiz wins by TKO (punches and elbows) at 3:32 of the first round to retain the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
External links