|UFC 42: Sudden Impact|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 25, 2003|
|Venue||American Airlines Arena|
UFC 42: Sudden Impact was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on April 25, 2003, at American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. The event was broadcast live on pay per view in the United States, and later released on DVD.
UFC 42 was the first UFC event to take place in Florida. Headlining the event was a Welterweight Title bout between Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk. UFC 42 also marked the first UFC appearance of future Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin.
- Loiseau wins by knockout at 3:52 of Round 1.
- Franca wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 29–28.
- Ludwig wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 29–28.
- Franklin wins by technical knockout at 2:40 of Round 1.
- Correira wins by technical knockout at 1:46 of Round 2.
- Strasser wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 30–27.
- Spratt wins by Submission via verbal tap out due to injury (dislocated hip) at 2:28 of Round 2.
- Hughes wins by unanimous decision. The judges scored the bout 48–45, 48–47, 49–46.
- "UFC 42 Results". FightMetric LLC. Retrieved 7 June 2012.