|UFC 52: Couture vs. Liddell|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 16, 2005|
|Venue||MGM Grand Arena|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||14,562 (Paid: 12,643)|
UFC 52: Couture vs. Liddell was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on April 16, 2005, at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States and Canada, and later released on DVD.
Headlining the card were the coaches of The Ultimate Fighter, Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell. At the time, it was the highest-grossing UFC event ever at the live gate, with $2,575,450 in ticket sales. Dan "The Beast" Severn was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame at this event.
The total fighter payroll for UFC 52 was $519,500.
The rematch bout between Matt Hughes and Frank Trigg for the Welterweight Title is current President of the UFC, Dana White's favorite match of not just UFC fights, but all MMA and boxing fights in general.
- Van Arsdale wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 29–28 for Van Arsdale.
- Doerksen wins by submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:35 of round three. Doerksen entered the card as a late replacement for Lee Murray, who pulled out due to travel complications. 
- Salaverry wins by submission (triangle choke) at 2:42 of round one.
- St-Pierre wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 30–27 for St. Pierre. This fight was originally scheduled for UFC 48, but Miller was tending to legal problems at the time. 
- Lindland wins by submission (guillotine choke) at 3:13 of round two.
- Sobral wins by submission (armbar) at 0:24 of round two.
- Hughes wins by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:05 of round one to retain the UFC Welterweight Championship.
- Liddell wins by KO (punches) at 2:06 of round one. Liddell becomes the new UFC Light Heavyweight champion.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
Randy Couture: $150,000 ($150,000 to fight; win bonus would have been $75,000)
Chuck Liddell: $140,000 ($70,000 to fight; $70,000 to win)
Matt Hughes: $110,000 ($55,000 to fight; $55,000 to win)
Matt Lindland: $20,000 ($10,000 to fight; $10,000 to win)
Renato "Babalu" Sobral: $20,000 ($10,000 to fight; $10,000 to win)
Georges St-Pierre: $18,000 ($9,000 to fight; $9,000 to win)
Frank Trigg: $14,000
Patrick Cote: $10,000
Mike Van Arsdale: $10,000 ($5,000 to fight; $5,000 to win)
Ivan Salaverry: $8,000 ($4,000 to fight; $4,000 to win)
Joe Riggs: $4,000
Travis Lutter: $4,000
Joe Doerksen: $4,000 ($2,000 to fight; $2,000 to win)
Travis Wiuff: $3,000
John Marsh: $2,500
Jason Miller: $2,000
Total Fighter Payouts: $519,500
- UFC 52: Couture vs. Liddell 2 Results on Sherdog.com
- Fights review
- "Ultimate Fighting Championship Cards" on Wrestling Information Archives
- UFC PPV Buys Explode in 2006 (includes information on UFC 52's PPV buyrate)
- Fighter Salaries for UFC 52