|UFC 54: Boiling Point|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||August 20, 2005|
|Venue||MGM Grand Arena|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||13,520 (Paid: 11,634)|
UFC 54: Boiling Point was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on August 20, 2005, at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States, and later released on DVD.
- Irvin wins by knockout from a flying knee at :09 of round two. The bout, although preliminary, was aired on the broadcast.
- Prangley wins by unanimous decision. The judges scored the bout 29–27, 29–26, and 29–27. This bout was preliminary, and was not aired on the broadcast.
- Lindland wins by unanimous decision. The judges scored the bout 30–27, 29–28, and 30–27. The bout, although preliminary, was aired on the broadcast.
- St. Pierre wins by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:07 of round one.
- Sylvia wins by knockout (head kick) at 4:59 of round one.
- Sanchez wins by submission (strikes) at 1:56 of round two.
- Couture wins by submission (anaconda choke) at :52 of round three.
- Liddell, successfully defends his title and wins by TKO (Punches) at 2:46 of round four. At that time, Horn informed the referee that he could no longer see properly, and the official called the bout.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
Randy Couture: $225,000 ($150,000 to fight, $75,000 to win)
Chuck Liddell: $160,000 ($80,000 to fight; $80,000 to win)
Tim Sylvia: $80,000 ($40,000 to fight; $40,000 win)
Matt Lindland: $30,000 ($15,000 to fight; $15,000 to win)
Georges St-Pierre: $28,000 ($13,000 to fight; $15,000 to win)
Jeremy Horn: $25,000
Diego Sanchez: $24,000 ($12,000 to fight; $12,000 to win)
Mike Van Arsdale: $15,000
Frank Trigg: $14,000
Tra Telligman: $9,000
James Irvin: $6,000 ($3,000 to fight, $3,000 to win)
Trevor Prangley: $6,000 ($3,000 to fight, $3,000 to win)
Joe Doerksen: $5,000
Travis Lutter: $4,000
Brian Gassaway: $2,000
Terry Martin: $2,000
Total Fighter Payouts: $635,000
- Josh Gross (August 20, 2005). "UFC 54 Dark Bouts: Irvin KO’s Martin, Sends him out of Octagon on Stretcher". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- UFC 54: Boiling Point Results on Sherdog.com
- "Ultimate Fighting Championship Cards" on Wrestling Information Archives
- UFC 54 Fighter Salaries