|UFC 56: Full Force|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 19, 2005|
|Venue||MGM Grand Arena|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||12,000 (Paid: 9,995)|
UFC 56: Full Force was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on November 19, 2005. It was held at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States, and later released on DVD.
Headlining the card were the two coaches from The Ultimate Fighter 2, Rich Franklin and Matt Hughes, scheduled to defend their middleweight and welterweight titles, respectively. This event marked the first time that an Ultimate Fighter contestant, season one's Nate Quarry, would compete for a UFC championship. Two highlight reel knockouts including the devastating knockout of Nate Quarry were performed during UFC 56.
- Thompson wins by unanimous decision. This preliminary bout was not aired on the broadcast.
- Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Ansar Chalangov
- Alves wins by technical knockout due to strikes at 2:22 of round one. The bout, although preliminary, was aired on the broadcast.
- Light Heavyweight bout: Sam Hoger vs. Jeff Newton
- Hoger wins by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:00 of round two. The bout, although preliminary, was aired on the broadcast.
- Horn wins by unanimous decision. (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- St-Pierre wins by technical knockout due to strikes at 2:51 of round two.
- Gonzaga wins by knockout at 4:37 of round three.
- UFC Welterweight Champion, Hughes wins by submission (kimura) at 3:28 of round one. Riggs was brought in as a replacement for Karo Parisyan, who suffered an injury in his training leading up to the bout. Although originally scheduled as a championship match, Riggs could not make the required weight at 170 lb and the bout was changed to a non-title welterweight match.
- Franklin defeated Quarry via KO (punch) 2:32 of round 1 to retain Middleweight Championship.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
Matt Hughes: $110,000 ($55,000 to fight; $55,000 to win)
Jeremy Horn: $50,000 ($25,000 to fight; $25,000 to win)
Georges St-Pierre: $35,000 ($16,000 to fight; $19,000 to win)
Rich Franklin: $26,000 ($13,000 to fight; $13,000 to win)
Joe Riggs: $12,000 (Note that Riggs was fined 10% of this amount for failing to make weight)
Nate Quarry: $10,000
Sean Sherk: $10,000
Sam Hoger: $10,000 ($5,000 to fight; $5,000 to win)
Trevor Prangley: $6,000
Gabriel Gonzaga: $6,000 ($3,000 to fight; $3,000 to win)
Nick Thompson: $6,000 ($3,000 to fight; $3,000 to win)
Thiago Alves: $4,000 ($2,000 to fight; $2,000 to win)
Kevin Jordan: $3,000
Jeff Newton: $2,000
Ansar Chalangov: $2,000
Keith Wisniewski: $2,000
Total Fighter Payouts: $294,000 (average of $18,375 per fighter)
- UFC 56: Full Force Results on Sherdog.com
- "Ultimate Fighting Championship Cards" on Wrestling Information Archives
- "Riggs's Failed Weigh-In Makes UFC History" by Josh Gross, Sherdog, 19 Nov. 2005, retrieved July 03, 2006
- UFC 56 Fighter Salaries