|UFC 58: USA vs. Canada|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 4, 2006|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|Attendance||9,569 (8,183 paid)|
UFC 58: USA vs. Canada was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on March 4, 2006. It was held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada, and broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States.
In keeping with the theme of the card, each fight featured an American fighter against a Canadian fighter.
Five of the seven Canadian fighters featured, Icho Larenas, Sam Stout, Mark Hominick, Georges St-Pierre, and David Loiseau, were at the time champions in the Canadian TKO Major League MMA promotion.
This event also featured the return of the lightweight division to the UFC, which had been suspended since UFC 49
- Murphy wins by TKO in the third round at 1:59. Larenas was a late substitute for Kristof Midoux. This was a preliminary fight that did air on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- Lambert wins by submission with a kimura in the first round at 1:54. This was a preliminary fight that did air on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- Stout wins by split decision. Fisher was a late replacement for Kenny Florian, who got injured during training for this fight. This was the UFC's first lightweight match since the division was suspended in 2004. This was a preliminary fight that did air on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- Hominick wins by submission with a triangle armbar in the second round at 1:52.
- Marquardt wins by unanimous decision. All three judges scored the bout 30–27.
- Swick wins by submission with a guillotine choke in the first round at 2:09.
- St-Pierre wins by split decision. The judges scored the bout 29–28, 28–29, and 29–28.
- Franklin defeated Loiseau via unanimous decision (50-42, 50-42, 50–43) to retain the Middleweight Championship.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
Georges St-Pierre: $48,000
Rich Franklin: $32,000
Nathan Marquardt: $30,000
BJ Penn: $25,000
Tom Murphy: $10,000
Mike Swick: $10,000
David Loiseau: $9,000
Spencer Fisher: $8,000
Yves Edwards: $8,000
Rob Macdonald: $5,000
Joe Doerksen: $5,000
Jason Lambert: $4,000
Mark Hominick: $4,000
Sam Stout: $4,000
Icho Larenas: $3,000
Steve Vigneault: $2,000
Total Fighter Payouts: $207,000
- Mixed martial arts show results, Mandalay Bay, March 4, 2006 (PDF), Nevada State Athletic Commission, retrieved March 20, 2006
- "Franklin Dominates Loiseau; 'Rush' Beats Penn at UFC 58" by Thomas Gerbasi, UFC.tv, March 5, 2006, retrieved March 5, 2006
- UFC PPV Buys Explode in 2006
- UFC Fighter Salaries for 2006 (includes fighter salaries for UFC 58)