UFC 60: Hughes vs. Gracie was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on May 27, 2006. The event took place at the Staples Center, in Los Angeles, California and was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States and Canada.
Headlining the card was a non-title catchweight (175 lb) match between then-current UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes, and UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie, the winner of UFC 1, UFC 2 and UFC 4. This was Gracie's first match in the UFC and in the United States since UFC 5.
The event drew 620,000 buys, becoming the best-selling pay-per-view in UFC history, and the first to break the $20 million mark in gross PPV sales.
Preliminary card 
- Guillard wins by KO (punch) at 1:37 of round one.
- Gonzaga wins by TKO (punches) at 0:24 of round two.
- Fisher wins by KO (flying knee) at 1:43 of round two. Wiman replaced Leonard Garcia, who broke his leg in training.
- Horn wins by submission (inverted armbar) at 1:13 of round two. Sonnen was a late replacement for Evan Tanner, who reportedly withdrew due to personal issues.
Main card 
- Swick wins by submission (guillotine choke) at 2:19 of round one.
- Vera wins by submission (guillotine choke) at 2:39 in round one.
- Sanchez wins by unanimous decision. The judges scored the bout 30–27, 29–28 and 29–28.
- Lister wins by submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:20 of round one.
- Hughes wins by TKO (punches) at 4:39 of round one.
External links