|UFC 62: Liddell vs. Sobral|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||August 26, 2006|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||9,859 (8,954 paid)|
|Total purse||$407,000 (disclosed only)|
UFC 62: Liddell vs. Sobral was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on August 26, 2006. The event took place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada and was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States and Canada.
- Okami wins by unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
- Heath wins by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:32 of round one.
- Light Heavyweight bout: Wilson Gouveia vs. Wes Combs
- Gouveia wins by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:23 of round one. This fight was aired, even though it was a preliminary match.
- Schafer wins by technical submission (arm triangle choke) at 2:26 of round one. This fight was aired, even though it was a preliminary match.
- Franca defeated Varner by submission (armbar) at 3:31 of round three. Spencer Fisher was originally scheduled for the match, Franca was Fisher's replacement because Fisher pulled out on August 4.
- Kongo wins by knockout by a knee strike at 2:51 of round one.
- Diaz defeated Neer by submission (kimura) at 1:42 of round three. Thiago Alves was originally scheduled to fight Josh Neer, but pulled out of his fight due to illness.
- Griffin wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the bout 30–27. Following the bout, Bonnar tested positive by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for boldenone, a banned anabolic steroid, and received a nine-month suspension and a $5,000 fine.
- Liddell wins by TKO (referee stoppage, due to strikes) at 1:35 of round one. Liddell retains the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
- Fight of the Night: Hermes Franca vs. Jamie Varner
- Knockout of the Night: Chuck Liddell
- Submission of the Night: Nick Diaz
The salaries for UFC 62' fighters:
Chuck Liddell: $250,000
Forrest Griffin: $32,000
Renato "Babalu" Sobral: $21,000
Nick Diaz: $20,000
Stephan Bonnar: $16,000
Cheick Kongo: $12,000
Hermes Franca: $12,000
Yushin Okami: $8,000
Josh Neer: $6,000
Rob MacDonald: $5,000
David Heath: $4,000
Eric Schafer: $4,000
Wilson Gouveia: $4,000
Alan Belcher: $3,000
Christian Wellisch: $3,000
Jamie Varner: $3,000
Wes Combs: $2,000
Cory Walmsley: $2,000
Total Fighter Payouts: $407,000
- Trembow, Ivan (2006-09-04). "UFC 62 Draws Third-Biggest Gate in UFC History". IvansBlog.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "MMAPayout.com Blue Book". MMAPayout.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Trembow, Ivan (2006-09-01). "UFC 62 Fighter Salaries". IvansBlog.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Savage, Greg (2006-08-04). "UFC 62: Fisher Out, Franca In". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2006-12-28.
- Gross, Josh (2006-08-22). "UFC 62: Diaz to Replace Alves". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2006-12-28.
- "NSAC Hands Down Fine, Suspension on Bonnar". Sherdog.com. 2006-11-04. Retrieved 2006-12-28.