|UFC 65: Bad Intentions|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 18, 2006|
|Attendance||14,666 (12,362 paid)|
|Total purse||$457,000 (disclosed)|
UFC 65: Bad Intentions was a mixed martial arts competition held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on November 18, 2006 at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California – the UFC’s first show at this venue. It was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States and Canada, and was later released on DVD.
The card featured the anticipated rematch between Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre for the UFC Welterweight Championship – a fight originally scheduled for UFC 63. UFC 65 also featured a heavyweight title bout between Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia and Jeff Monson.
This event marked one of the few occasions that a UFC card with two non-interim title fights featured the lower weight class' title fight as the card's main event. The UFC had stated afterwards that all cards with two title fights will always have the heavier weight class' title fight as the main event. UFC 169 on February 1st, 2014 would later feature two non-interim title fights, with the lighter weight class as main event. 
UFC 65's original slated main event was a championship superfight with UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell defending his title against PRIDE Middleweight Champion Wanderlei Silva, a matchup UFC President Dana White announced during UFC 61 on July 8, 2006. Since then, the matchup appeared to have been postponed or cancelled because Tito Ortiz had been guaranteed a title shot at UFC 66, which was too close to UFC 65, as White stated in several interviews.
The Hughes vs. St-Pierre main event was long awaited. It was first officially announced to happen at UFC 63 during the July 17, 2006 edition of the The Hot List on ESPNEWS. The fight was announced before, without a date, at a press conference in Toronto, Canada on April 7, 2006, and the matchup was alluded to—but not officially announced—during the PPV broadcast of UFC 58.
|Welterweight||Georges St. Pierre||def.||Matt Hughes (c)||TKO (Head Kick and Punches)||2||1:25||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Tim Sylvia (c)||def.||Jeff Monson||Decision (Unanimous)||5||5:00||[b]|
|Light Heavyweight||Drew McFedries||def.||Alessio Sakara||TKO (Punches)||1||4:07||[c]|
|Heavyweight||Brandon Vera||def.||Frank Mir||TKO (Punches)||1||1:09|
|Lightweight||Joe Stevenson||def.||Dokonjonosuke Mishima||Submission (Guillotine Choke)||1||2:07|
|Welterweight||Nick Diaz||def.||Gleison Tibau||TKO (Punches)||2||2:27|
|Heavyweight||Antoni Hardonk||def.||Sherman Pendergarst||KO (Punch)||1||3:15||[d]|
|Light Heavyweight||James Irvin||def.||Hector Ramirez||TKO (Kick to the Body and Elbows)||2||2:36||[e]|
|Heavyweight||Jake O'Brien||def.||Josh Schockman||Decision (Unanimous)||3||5:00|
- For the UFC Welterweight Championship
- For the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
- McFedries was a late replacement for Wilson Gouveia.
- Pendergarst was a late replacement for Brad Imes. This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Hughes vs. St-Pierre fight.
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Sakara vs. McFedries fight.
- Fight of the Night: James Irvin vs. Hector Ramirez
- Knockout of the Night: Georges St-Pierre
- Submission of the Night: Joe Stevenson
- Hernandez, J. Yayo (2011-10-06). "Dana White Talks About Why Jose Aldo Isn’t The Main Event, Nick Diaz And Still Liking Lyoto Machida". CageJunkies.com. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- Davidson, Neil (August 11, 2006). "UFC Backs Off Liddell vs. Silva Claims". Canadian Press. MMAWeekly.com. Retrieved November 23, 2006.
- Canadian Press (2006-04-07). "FINALLY! RUSH GETS HIS SHOT AT THE TITLE!". TKO Major League MMA Website. Retrieved 2006-09-25.
- Official UFC website
- Official UFC 65 Site
- UFC 65 Results on Sherdog.com
- Full Listing of UFC 65 Fighter Salaries