|UFC 76: Knockout|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||September 22, 2007|
|Attendance||13,770 (11,817 paid)|
UFC 76: Knockout was a mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The event took place on September 22, 2007 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Coincidentally, although the event was advertised with the subtitle, Knockout, the entire card produced no knockouts whatsoever.
The main event was anticipated to be Chuck Liddell versus Wanderlei Silva, a long-awaited match between the two popular former champions of the UFC and PRIDE, respectively; however, the main event featured a fight between former Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell and The Ultimate Fighter 2 alum Keith Jardine, with both fighters returning from knockout losses at UFC 71.
Welterweight Diego Sanchez returned after his decision loss at UFC 69 to Josh Koscheck when he faced Jon Fitch, a training partner of Koscheck and a former Purdue University wrestler who was in the midst of a thirteen-fight win streak.
A scheduled bout between light heavyweights Jason Lambert and Wilson Gouveia was removed from the card after Gouveia suffered a severely broken nose during training. A replacement for Gouveia was not found.
None of the preliminary bouts made it to the PPV due to the length of all the main card bouts.
- Wiman defeated Omigawa via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28).
- Heavyweight bout: Christian Wellisch vs. Scott Junk
- Wellisch defeated Junk via submission (heel hook) at 3:19 of round 1.
- Stephens defeated Saraiva via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Clementi defeated Johnson via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:05 of round 2.
- Griffin defeated Tavares via unanimous decision (29–28, 30–27, 29–28).
- Machida defeated Nakamura via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27). After the fight, Nakamura failed a drug test, testing positive for marijuana.
- Fitch defeated Sanchez via split decision (30–27, 28–29, 29–28).
- Griffin defeated Rua via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:45 of round 3.
- Jardine defeated Liddell via split decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–29).
$40,000 was awarded to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards:
- Knockout of the Night: None
 As reported by the California State Athletic Commission
- Does not include any side bonuses or bonuses for submission and fight of the night honors. Only the show and win money that the CSAC reports:
Chuck Liddell: $500,000
Mauricio Rua: $150,000
Lyoto Machida: $50,000
Forrest Griffin: $45,000
Jon Fitch: $44,000
Tyson Griffin: $24,000
Rich Clementi: $24,000
Diego Sanchez: $22,000
Kazuhiro Nakamura: $20,000
Matt Wiman: $16,000
Keith Jardine: $14,000
Christian Wellisch: $14,000
Thiago Tavares: $9,000
Jeremy Stephens: $6,000
Anthony Johnson: $5,000
Michihiro Omigawa: $5,000
Scott Junk: $4,000
Diego Saravia: $3,000
- Savage, Greg (2006-09-10). "UFC 76 Loses Fight After Gouveia Injury". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
- "UFC 76: Rich Clementi vs. Anthony Johnson". UFCMania.com. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "Nakamura Tests Positive for Marijuana". Nokaut. September 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-27.