|UFC 77: Hostile Territory|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||October 20, 2007|
|Venue||U.S. Bank Arena|
|City||Cincinnati, United States|
UFC 77: Hostile Territory was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). The event took place on Saturday, October 20, 2007 at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, United States. The main event featured Anderson Silva defending his Middleweight Championship against former champion Rich Franklin in a rematch of their October 2006 meeting at UFC 64, which Silva won by technical knockout.
Preliminary card 
- Grice defeated Black via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28). The scores were initially announced as 29–28 for Black, 29–28 for Grice, and 28–28, and the bout was ruled a split draw. An announcement was then made in the arena that the scores had been miscalculated. Grice was awarded the victory, but the corrected scores were not announced.
- Burkman defeated Petz via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28).
- Maia defeated Jensen via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:40 of round 1. This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Silva vs. Franklin fight.
- Okami defeated MacDonald via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
Main card 
- Belcher defeated Starnes via TKO (cut) at 1:39 of round 2.
- Bonnar defeated Schafer via TKO (strikes) at 2:47 of round 2.
- Robinson defeated Gurgel via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–27, 29–27).
- Sylvia defeated Vera via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–27, 29–28).
- Silva defeated Franklin via TKO (knees) at 1:07 of round 2 to retain the Middleweight Championship.
Bonus awards 
At the end of this event, $40,000 was awarded to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Matt Grice vs. Jason Black
- Knockout of the Night: Anderson Silva
- Submission of the Night: Demian Maia
The disclosed fighter payroll for UFC 77 was $652,000. 
The individual payouts are listed below. Purse amounts includes the payment amounts for show and win, but do not include sponsor payments, fees, taxes, or special award bonuses.
Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin
Silva: $120,000 ($60,000 base; $60,000 win bonus) Franklin: $45,000
Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera
Sylvia: $200,000 ($100,000 base; $100,000 win bonus) Vera: $100,000
Alvin Robinson vs. Jorge Gurgel
Robinson: $6,000 ($3,000 base; $3,000 win bonus) Gurgel: $7,000
Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer
Bonnar: $44,000 ($22,000 base; $22,000 win bonus) Schafer: $6,000
Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes
Belcher: $22,000 ($11,000 base; $11,000 win bonus) Starnes: $7,000
Yushin Okami vs. Jason MacDonald
Okami: $24,000 ($12,000 base; $12,000 win bonus) MacDonald: $17,000
Demian Maia vs. Ryan Jensen
Maia: $10,000 ($5,000 base; $5,000 to show) Jensen: $4,000
Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz
Burkman: $20,000 ($10,000 base; $10,000 win bonus) Petz: $6,000
Matt Grice vs. Jason Black
Grice: $6,000 ($3,000 base; $3,000 win bonus) Black: $8,000
- "MMAPayout.com Blue Book". MMAPayout.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- Stupp, Dann (July 16, 2007). "Liddell vs. Silva on ... then off ... then on again (maybe)". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved 2007-08-10.
- Arias, Carlos (August 22, 2007). "Can GSP bounce back?". Orange County Register. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- "UFC signs former WWE star Brock Lesnar". 411mania.com. Retrieved 2007-10-20.
- Curtis, Tim (August 14, 2007). "UFC coming to Cincinnati". Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved 2007-08-15.
- UFC Roundup: Post-UFC 77 News and Notes | MMAFrenzy.com
- "FIGHTER SALARY BREAKDOWN FOR UFC 78". ufcdaily.com. 2008-01-01. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- UFC 77 Fighter Salaries | MMAFrenzy.com