|UFC 80: Rapid Fire|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 19, 2008|
|Venue||Metro Radio Arena|
|City||Newcastle, United Kingdom|
The main event was originally scheduled as an interim lightweight championship fight; however, then-lightweight champion Sean Sherk was stripped of his title after the California State Athletic Commission upheld his suspension for testing positive for the anabolic steroid Nandrolone. With the lightweight championship vacated, the Penn vs. Stevenson bout was altered to be for the undisputed lightweight championship.
- Stout defeated Eklund via unanimous decision (29–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Light Heavyweight bout: Alessio Sakara vs. James Lee
- Sakara defeated Lee via TKO (punches) at 1:30 of round 1. This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Robinson vs. Hardonk fight.
- Kelly defeated Taylor via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27). This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Davis vs. Liaudin fight.
- Heavyweight bout: Colin Robinson vs. Antoni Hardonk
- Hardonk defeated Robinson via TKO (leg kicks) at 0:17 of round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Penn vs. Stevenson fight.
- Rivera defeated Grove via TKO (punches) at 1:20 of round 1.
- Gouveia defeated Lambert via KO (punch) at 0:37 of round 2.
- Davis defeated Liaudin via KO (punch) at 1:04 of round 1.
- Werdum defeated Gonzaga via TKO (strikes) at 4:34 of round 2.
- Penn defeated Stevenson via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:02 of round 2 to become the new UFC Lightweight Champion.
At the end of this event, $35,000 was awarded to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Knockout of the Night: Wilson Gouveia
- Submission of the Night: B.J. Penn