|UFC 81: Breaking Point|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 2, 2008|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||10,583 (7,167 paid)|
The event featured Tim Sylvia and Antônio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira for UFC's Interim World Heavyweight Championship. UFC Heavyweight champion Randy Couture declined a championship fight with Nogueira, which caused the creation of the interim title.
- Emerson defeated Nakamura via split decision (30–27, 28–29, 30–27). This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Lytle vs. Bradley fight.
- Boetsch defeated Heath via TKO (throw & punches) at 4:52 of Round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Marquardt vs. Horn fight.
- Eastman defeated Martin via unanimous decision (29–28, 30–27, 30–27).
- Lytle defeated Bradley via KO (punches) at 0:33 of Round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Sylvia vs. Nogueira fight.
- Griffin defeated Tibau via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Middleweight bout: Ricardo Almeida vs. Rob Yundt
- Almeida defeated Yundt via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:08 of round 1.
- Marquardt defeated Horn via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:37 of Round 2.
- Mir defeated Lesnar via submission (kneebar) at 1:30 of round 1.
- Nogueira defeated Sylvia via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:28 of Round 3 to become the Interim UFC Heavyweight Champion.
At the end of this event, $60,000 was awarded to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Tim Sylvia vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Knockout of the Night: Chris Lytle
- Submission of the Night: Frank Mir
The individual payouts are listed below. Payout amounts includes the payment amounts for show and win, but do not include sponsor payments, fees, taxes, or special award bonuses.
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Tim Sylvia: $100,000
- Frank Mir: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Brock Lesnar: $250,000
- Nate Marquardt: $52,000 (includes $26,000 win bonus) def. Jeremy Horn: $25,000
- Ricardo Almeida: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Rob Yundt: $5,000
- Tyson Griffin: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus) def. Gleison Tibau: $11,000
- Chris Lytle: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Kyle Bradley: $4,000
- Tim Boetsch: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. David Heath: $6,000
- Marvin Eastman: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Terry Martin: $12,000
- Rob Emerson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Keita Nakamura: $5,000
- Morgan, Adam (December 4, 2007). "Randy Couture Turns Down Title Defense Against Minotauro Nogueira". Five Ounces of Pain. Retrieved 2008-02-03.
- "Super Bowl Showdown set between Lesnar and Mir". ufc.com. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- Stupp, Dan (February 3, 2008). "Nogueira, Sylvia, Lytle and Mir Earn $60,000 UFC 81 “Fight Night” Bonuses". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- "FIGHTER SALARY BREAKDOWN FOR UFC 79". ufcdaily.com. 2008-02-05. Retrieved 2008-02-12.