|UFC 81: Breaking Point|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 2, 2008|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA|
|Attendance||10,583 (7,167 paid)|
The event featured Tim Sylvia and Antônio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira for UFC's Interim World Heavyweight Championship. UFC Heavyweight champion Randy Couture declined a championship fight with Nogueira, which caused the creation of the interim title.
Preliminary card 
- Emerson defeated Nakamura via split decision (30–27, 28–29, 30–27). This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Lytle vs. Bradley fight.
- Boetsch defeated Heath via TKO (throw & punches) at 4:52 of Round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Marquardt vs. Horn fight.
- Eastman defeated Martin via unanimous decision (29–28, 30–27, 30–27).
- Lytle defeated Bradley via KO (punches) at 0:33 of Round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Sylvia vs. Nogueira fight.
Main card 
- Griffin defeated Tibau via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Almeida defeated Yundt via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:08 of round 1.
- Marquardt defeated Horn via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:37 of Round 2.
- Mir defeated Lesnar via submission (kneebar) at 1:30 of round 1.
- Nogueira defeated Sylvia via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:28 of Round 3 to become the Interim UFC Heavyweight Champion.
Bonus awards 
At the end of this event, $60,000 was awarded to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Tim Sylvia vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Knockout of the Night: Chris Lytle
- Submission of the Night: Frank Mir
Reported payout 
The individual payouts are listed below. Payout amounts includes the payment amounts for show and win, but do not include sponsor payments, fees, taxes, or special award bonuses.
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Tim Sylvia: $100,000
- Frank Mir: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Brock Lesnar: $250,000
- Nate Marquardt: $52,000 (includes $26,000 win bonus) def. Jeremy Horn: $25,000
- Ricardo Almeida: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Rob Yundt: $5,000
- Tyson Griffin: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus) def. Gleison Tibau: $11,000
- Chris Lytle: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Kyle Bradley: $4,000
- Tim Boetsch: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. David Heath: $6,000
- Marvin Eastman: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Terry Martin: $12,000
- Rob Emerson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Keita Nakamura: $5,000
- Morgan, Adam (December 4, 2007). "Randy Couture Turns Down Title Defense Against Minotauro Nogueira". Five Ounces of Pain. Retrieved 2008-02-03.
- "Super Bowl Showdown set between Lesnar and Mir". ufc.com. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- Stupp, Dan (February 3, 2008). "Nogueira, Sylvia, Lytle and Mir Earn $60,000 UFC 81 “Fight Night” Bonuses". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- "FIGHTER SALARY BREAKDOWN FOR UFC 79". ufcdaily.com. 2008-02-05. Retrieved 2008-02-12.