|UFC 85: Bedlam|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||June 7, 2008|
|Venue||The O2 Arena|
|City||London, United Kingdom|
The card was plagued by a number of injuries sustained by scheduled fighters, forcing the UFC to rework the card several times. Originally, the main event was to be between light heavyweights Chuck Liddell and Mauricio Rua; however, Rua required surgery on an injured knee and could not compete. Rashad Evans then replaced Rua in the main event with Liddell, but Liddell was forced to withdraw from the card due to a hamstring injury. The UFC then named James Irvin as Liddell's replacement to fight Evans, but Irvin sustained a foot injury that forced him to pull out. Evans was then removed from the card as well.
In other changes, a Jonathan Goulet and Paul Kelly match was cancelled when Goulet dropped out citing a lack of training time, followed by Kelly withdrawing before his opponent could be named because of an injury sustained in practice.
Due to legal problems which resulted in a lack of time to prepare for his fight with Michael Bisping, Chris Leben was forced to withdraw from the card and the UFC announced Jason Day would face Bisping.
|Main card (PPV)|
|Catchweight (174 lbs)||Thiago Alves||def.||Matt Hughes||TKO (flying knee and strikes)||2||1:02|
|Middleweight||Thales Leites||def.||Nate Marquardt||Decision (split) (28–27, 28–27, 27–28)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Fabricio Werdum||def.||Brandon Vera||TKO (strikes)||1||4:40|
|Middleweight||Michael Bisping||def.||Jason Day||TKO (strikes)||1||3:42|
|Welterweight||Mike Swick||def.||Marcus Davis||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00||[b]|
|Middleweight||Martin Kampmann||def.||Jorge Rivera||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||2:44||[c]|
|Lightweight||Matt Wiman||def.||Thiago Tavares||KO (punches)||2||1:57||[d]|
|Welterweight||Kevin Burns||def.||Roan Carneiro||Submission (triangle choke)||2||3:53|
|Light Heavyweight||Luiz Cane||def.||Jason Lambert||TKO (punches)||1||2:07||[e]|
|Welterweight||Paul Taylor||def.||Jess Liaudin||Decision (split) (29–28, 29–28, 28–29)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Antoni Hardonk||def.||Eddie Sanchez||KO (punches)||2||4:15|
- Marquardt had 2 points deducted during the fight, one in round 2 (illegal knee to the head of a downed opponent) and the other in round 3 (elbow to the back of the head).
- Swick had 1 point deducted in round 3 for holding the cage.
- The bout aired on the PPV broadcast after the Wiman vs. Tavares bout.
- The bout aired on the PPV broadcast after the Hughes vs. Alves bout.
- The bout aired on the PPV broadcast after the Marquardt vs. Leites bout.
At the end of this event, the UFC awarded $50,000 to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Matt Wiman vs. Thiago Tavares
- Knockout of the Night: Thiago Alves
- Submission of the Night: Kevin Burns
- Dave Deibert (2008-06-07). "Thiago Alves beats Matt Hughes at UFC 85". The Vancouver Sun.
- "UFC Returns To London". UFC.com. 2008-03-06. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2008-03-04). "Rua Re-Injures Knee, will undergo Surgery". UFC.com.
- Foster, Eric (April 21, 2008). "Chuck Liddell Injured, Out of UFC 85". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- Stupp, Dann (2008-05-27). "Kevin Burns expected to replace Ryo Chonan at UFC 85". Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- Stupp, Dann (2008-05-28). "Another UFC 85 change: Eddie Sanchez replaces Neil Wain". Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- Alves, Burns, Wiman and Tavares earn $50K UFC 85 bonuses | MMAjunkie.com