|UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||July 5, 2008|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||10,990 (9,630 paid)|
UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin was a mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on July 5, 2008, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The title bout between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Forrest Griffin, coaches on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest, was for Jackson's UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
- Buchholz defeated Hill via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:57 of round 2.
- Miller defeated Gurgel via submission (triangle choke) at 4:48 of round 3.
- Guillard defeated Siver via KO (punches) at 0:36 of round 1. This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Jackson vs. Griffin fight.
- Gonzaga defeated McCully via submission (keylock) at 1:57 of round 1.
- Griffin defeated Aurelio via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Koscheck defeated Lytle via unanimous decision (30–26, 29–27, 30–28).
- Stevenson defeated Tibau via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:57 of round 2.
- Côté defeated Almeida via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28).
- Griffin defeated Jackson via unanimous decision (48–46, 48–46, 49–46) to become the new UFC Light Heavyweight Champion.
At the end of the night, the UFC awarded $60,000 to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin
- Knockout of the Night: Melvin Guillard
- Submission of the Night: Cole Miller
This does not include bonuses award money.
- "UFC 86 Official Fight Card". Ultimate Fighting Championship. 2008-04-05. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- UFC 86 RESULTS AND LIVE PLAY-BY-PLAY – MMA WEEKLY – Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more[dead link]
- Josh Koscheck is gaining wins, not fans – MMA – Yahoo! Sports
- UFC 86 FIGHTER SALARIES AND AWARDS BONUSES – MMA WEEKLY – Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more[dead link]