|UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||October 18, 2008|
|Venue||National Indoor Arena|
|City||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on October 18, 2008 at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, United Kingdom. The event was headlined by a middleweight bout between Michael Bisping and Chris Leben. This event aired live in Great Britain and Ireland on Setanta Sports and via tape delay in the United States and Canada on Spike TV. It also aired live via Rogers Sportsnet in Canada. The broadcast peaked with 3.4 million viewers on Spike TV.
After the event, Chris Leben tested positive for Stanozolol, a banned substance. He was suspended for a period of 9 months and fined one third of his purse. Leben admitted he had used the substance several months prior to the fight, but stated he had assumed it would have been out of his system by then.
- Eklund defeated Schiavo via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:47 of round 3.
- Miller defeated Baron by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:19 of round 3.
- Etim defeated Stout via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28).
- Bielkheden defeated Liaudin via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28).
- Heavyweight bout: Shane Carwin vs. Neil Wain
- Carwin defeated Wain by TKO (punches) 1.31 of round 1. This preliminary bout was aired on the Setanta Sports PPV broadcast.
- Hardy defeated Gono via split decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–29).
- Davis defeated Kelly by submission (guillotine choke) 2:16 of round 2.
- Lytle defeated Taylor via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28).
- Cane defeated Sokoudjou by TKO (punches) 4:15 of round 2.
- Jardine defeated Vera via split decision (29–28, 29–28, 28–29).
- Bisping defeated Leben via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
All fighters were awarded an extra $40,000.
- Fight of the Night: Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor
- Knockout of the Night: Luiz Cane
- Submission of the Night: Jim Miller
- "Cane, Miller, Lytle, Taylor win post-UFC 89 honors". MMAFighting.com. 2008-10-18.
- "UFC 89 on Spike TV peaks with 3.4 million viewers". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "THIAGO SILVA OUT OF UFC 89 FIGHT WITH MACHIDA". MMA Weekly. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "UFC Flags Leben for Steroid Use". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- "UFC 89 AWARDS NET $40,000 BONUSES". MMA Weekly. Retrieved 2008-10-27.