|UFC 90: Silva vs. Côté|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||October 25, 2008|
UFC 90: Silva vs. Côté was a mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on October 25, 2008 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. The main event featured UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva vs. number #1 contender Patrick Côté.
The scheduled bout between Thales Leites and Goran Reljic was scratched from the card due to an injury suffered by Reljic. Drew McFedries was chosen as Reljic's replacement. Anderson Silva's original opponent was rumored to be Yushin Okami, but the fight was scratched after Okami suffered a hand injury. Also, the bout between Gray Maynard and Rich Clementi was moved to the main card.
Other changes to the card included:
- Melvin Guillard was slated to fight Spencer Fisher, but was replaced by Shannon Gugerty.
- Ricardo Almeida was replaced by Dan Miller due to an injury.
- Marcus Aurélio replaces injured Gleison Tibau.
- Sell defeated Burkman via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Franca defeated Aurelio via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28).
- Miller defeated Horwich via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Fisher defeated Gugerty via submission (triangle choke) at 3:56 of round 3.
- Leites defeated McFedries via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:18 of round 1. This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Silva vs. Côté fight.
- Sherk defeated Griffin via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28).
- Maynard defeated Clementi via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- dos Santos defeated Werdum via KO (punches) at 1:20 of round 1.
- Alves defeated Koscheck via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 30–27).
- Silva defeated Côté via TKO (knee injury) 0:39 of round 3 to retain the UFC Middleweight Championship.
All fighters were awarded an extra $65,000.
- Fight of the Night: Sean Sherk vs. Tyson Griffin
- Knockout of the Night: Junior dos Santos
- Submission of the Night: Spencer Fisher