|UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||December 27, 2008|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|Attendance||14,103 (9,701 paid)|
UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008 was a mixed martial arts (MMA) pay-per-view event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on December 27, 2008 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Paradise, Nevada. The card featured five televised MMA bouts, as well as five un-aired preliminary bouts. It was the last UFC event of 2008.
The main event featured UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffin, against undefeated challenger Rashad Evans. This was the first time that two winners of The Ultimate Fighter competed in a title fight against each other. The co-main event was a battle between Interim UFC Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir.
Forrest Griffin is a fighter who employs a style known as sprawl and brawl. Sprawl and brawl is a style where the fighter uses defensive wrestler, a sprawl, to keep the fight on standing where they can strike. Forrest Griffin is often praised for his heart, and well rounded MMA game. He became the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion by defeating Quinton Jackson at UFC 86.
- Barry defeated Evensen via TKO (leg kicks) at 2:36 of Round 1. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Jackson vs. Silva fight.
- Blackburn defeated Chonan via unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 29–28).
- Hamill defeated Andy via TKO (punches) at 2:19 of Round 2. This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Dollaway vs. Massenzio fight.
- Hardonk defeated Wessel via TKO (punches) at 2:09 of Round 2. (Wessel replaced Mark Burch, who was originally intended to fight Hardonk) This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Griffin vs. Evans fight.
- Okami defeated Lister via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
- Kongo defeated Al Turk via TKO (punches) at 4:37 of round 1.
- Dollaway defeated Massenzio via TKO (punches) at 3:01 of round 1.
- Jackson defeated Silva via KO (punch) at 3:21 of round 1.
- Mir defeated Nogueira via TKO (punches) at 1:54 of round 2 to become the new Interim UFC Heavyweight Champion.
- Evans defeated Griffin via TKO (punches) at 2:46 of round 3 to become the new UFC Light Heavyweight champion.
Fighters were awarded $60,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin
- Knockout of the Night: Quinton Jackson
- Submission of the Night: Not awarded as no matches ended with submission
Rashad Evans: $130,000 (includes $65,000 win bonus) def. Forrest Griffin: $100,000
Frank Mir: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $250,000
Quinton Jackson: $325,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Wanderlei Silva: $200,000
C.B. Dollaway: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Mike Massenzio: $5,000
Cheick Kongo: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus) def: Mostapha Al Turk: $7,000
Yushin Okami: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus) def. Dean Lister: $19,000
Antoni Hardonk: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Mike Wessel: $4,000
Matt Hamill: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Reese Andy: $15,000
Brad Blackburn: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) vs. Ryo Chonan: $18,000
Patrick Barry: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus) Dan Evensen: $4,000
- "MMAPayout.com Blue Book". MMAPayout.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Upcoming Events: UFC 92 The Ultimate 2008". Ufc.com. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- Iole, Kevin (August 21, 2008). "UFC road show: Montreal out, Portland in". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved December 18, 2008.
- "Three Historic Fights Announced for UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008". Ufc.com. October 21, 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- "UFC 86 Results". Ufc.com.
- "Fight Finder – UFC 92 The Ultimate 2008". Sherdog.com. December 27, 2008. Retrieved December 27, 2008.
- Hall, Joe. "Evans, Mir Crowned; Rampage Gets Revenge". Sherdog.com. Retrieved December 28, 2008.
- Karkoski, Kris (September 2, 2008). "UFC 91 Media Conference Call". MMAfrenzy.com.
- "Mike Wessel To Replace Mark Burch Against Hardonk At UFC 92". MMAnews.com. Retrieved December 28, 2008.
- "Evans, Mir Crowned; Rampage Gets Revenge". Sherdog.com.
- Caplan, Sam (December 28, 2008). "UFC 92 "Fight Night" Bonuses Awarded to Jackson, Griffin, and Evans". FiveOuncesOfPain.com. Retrieved December 28, 2008.
- "UFC 92 salaries: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson top earner with $325K". MMAjunkie.com. December 29, 2008. Retrieved January 1, 2009.