UFC Fight Night: Evans vs Salmon
|UFC Fight Night: Evans vs. Salmon|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 25, 2007|
|Venue||Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino|
|City||Hollywood, Florida, USA|
UFC Fight Night: Evans vs. Salmon referred to by the media as UFC Fight Night 8 was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on January 25, 2007 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida. It was broadcast live in the United States and Canada on Spike TV.
This card featured the UFC debut of PRIDE and Hero's veteran Heath Herring. Originally scheduled for the main card was a bout between middleweight contestants Nate Marquardt and Dean Lister; it is believed that Spike TV influenced the eventual decision to remove the bout from the main card.
Preliminary card 
- Clementi defeated Pointon via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:52 of round 2.
- Thomas defeated Guida via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
- Middleweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Chris Price
- Herman defeated Price via submission (armbar) at 2:58 in round 1. This preliminary bout was aired on the broadcast after the Herring vs. O'Brien bout.
- Welterweight bout: Josh Burkman vs. Chad Reiner
- Burkman defeated Reiner via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27).
- Marquardt defeated Lister via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-25).
Main card 
- Franca defeated Fisher via TKO (punches) at 4:03 in round 2.
- O'Brien defeated Herring via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27).
- Evans defeated Salmon via KO (head kick) at 1:06 in round 2.
Bonus awards 
The following are the winner of the event's bonus awards given by the UFC.
- Fight of the Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Hermes Franca
- Knockout of the Night: Rashad Evans
- Submission of the Night: Ed Herman
Official salaries 
The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that the UFC is required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners' bonuses.
- Stupp, Dann (2006-12-12). "UFC FIGHT NIGHT 8: RASHAD EVANS VS. SEAN SALMON". MMAkunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "SHERDOG.COM PREVIEW: UFC FIGHT NIGHT". Sherdog.com. 2007-01-24. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Exclusive interview with UFC middleweight Nate Marquardt". Retrieved 2007-02-05.
- "UFC Fight Night 8". FightMetric. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- Trembow, Ivan (2007-03-12). "UFC 68 Fighter Salaries & UFC Fight Night 8 Fighter Salaries". MMAWeekly.com. Ivan's Blog. Retrieved 2013-02-06.