Ultimate Fight Night 3 was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on January 16, 2006. The event took place at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, and was broadcast live on Spike TV in the United States and Canada. The main event between Tim Sylvia and Assuerio Silva was touted as a match to determine the next contender for the UFC Heavyweight Championship, then held by Andrei Arlovski. The two-hour broadcast drew a 1.7 overall rating. The disclosed fighter payroll for Ultimate Fight Night 3 was $183,000.
During the broadcast, UFC President Dana White announced a bout between Matt Hughes and Royce Gracie, which later occurred at UFC 60.
- Von Flue wins by technical submission (Von Flue choke) at 1:17 of round three. This bout was not aired on the broadcast.
- Fisher wins by technical knockout (doctor's stoppage due to broken jaw) at the end of round one. This bout, although preliminary was aired on the broadcast.
- Ludwig wins by technical knockout due to a punch at 0:06 of round one. The bout was aired on the broadcast.
- Neer wins by submission (triangle choke) at 4:20 of round one. This bout, although preliminary was aired on the broadcast.
- Burkman wins by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:07 of round one.
- Leben wins by technical knockout due to strikes at 1:44 of round one.
- Bonnar wins by submission (kimura) at 4:30 of round one.
- Sylvia wins by unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).
- ^ http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2363
- ^ http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/alex-karalexis-von-flue-choke-by-ron-hudson-video-ymTuEgER3Ms-47448-1.html