UFO sightings in Canada
- 1 1967, Falcon Lake, Manitoba incident
- 2 1967, Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia incident
- 3 1969, Prince George, B.C. UFO
- 4 1975-1976, Southern Manitoba
- 5 1990, Montreal aerial phenomenon
- 6 2006, Ajax, Ontario
- 7 2007, Chilliwack, British Columbia
- 8 2010, Harbour Mille incident
- 9 Canadian UFO survey results
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
1967, Falcon Lake, Manitoba incident
1967, Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia incident
The incident was the purported crash of an Unidentified Flying Object in Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia in October 1967.
1969, Prince George, B.C. UFO
In Prince George, British Columbia, three unrelated witnesses reported a strange, round object in the late afternoon sky on January 1, 1969. The sphere radiated a yellow-orange light and appeared to ascend from 2,000 to 10,000 feet.
1975-1976, Southern Manitoba
1978 Clarenville, Newfoundland and Labrador
In October 1978 Constable Jim Blackwood of the RCMP witnessed a sighting of a flying saucer hovering over the harbour near the town of Clarenville and Random Island. This was reported to him by local citizens. When he arrived at the scene the UFO was still present and quite visible. He had a special high powered viewing scope which happened to be on loan at the time for other surveilance. The craft stayed in the area for approximately an hour and a half. When he switched on the roof lights of his police cruser the craft did the same flashing lights back in the same manor. This made headline news at the time and was broadcast on CBC television and NTV broadcasting in Newfoundland. The craft took off like a shooting star high in the sky and disappeared. Cst Blackwood is retired now and living in Churchville, Nova Scotia.
1990, Montreal aerial phenomenon
On November 7, 1990, in Montreal, Quebec, witnesses reported a round, metallic object of about 540 metres wide over the rooftop pool of the Bonaventure Hotel. Eyewitnesses saw eight to 10 lights forming into a circle above them, giving off bright white rays. The phenomenon lasted three hours, from 7 to 10 p.m., and moved slowly northwards. While no one could identify the lights, few, according to the next day’s report in La Presse, were ready to express their belief that they were visited by aliens.
2006, Ajax, Ontario
2007, Chilliwack, British Columbia
Dave Francis and Kelly McDonald
2010, Harbour Mille incident
During the night of January 25, 2010, witnesses in Harbour Mille, Newfoundland and Labrador reported multiple UFO sightings. A photograph taken by a resident revealed one of the UFOs to resemble a missile. An investigation by the community's police force and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is under way, though the Office of the Prime Minister has stated that the UFOS were not missiles. another minor report of this incident came from Calgary where boys playing hockey reported seeing similar objects where they stated "We thought they were transformers"
Canadian UFO survey results
According to the 2002 Canadian UFO Survey published by Ufology Research of Manitoba, Toronto had the largest number of sightings with 34, followed by Vancouver with 31 and Terrace, B.C. with 25 reports. In 2002, a typical UFO sighting lasted approximately 15 minutes.
- Canada's Unidentified Flying Objects: The Search for the Unknown at Library and Archives Canada
- Rutkowski, Chris; Dittman, Geoff (2006). The Canadian UFO Report: The Best Cases Revealed. The Dundurn Group. pp. 333 pg. ISBN 1-55002-621-6.
- "Montreal Mirror: "Montreal X-Files."". Archived from the original on 2008-01-01. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- An aerial phenomenon over Montreal
- "Ajax, Ontario, Canada Photograph Shows Unknown Flying Object (www.ufocasebook.com)". Retrieved 2008-01-27.
- "No evidence UFO was rocket: PMO". CBC.ca. 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Ufology Research of Manitoba". Archived from the original on 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- "Bio: Chris Rutkowski (Ufology Research of Manitoba)". Archived from the original on 2007-10-18. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- The Latest UFO Sightings (ufosightings.ca)
- MUFON - Last 20 Sightings Reports
- Alberta UFO Study Group (AUFOSG)
- Association Québécoise d'Ufologie (AQU)
- Canadian Crop Circle Research Network
- Canadian UFO Report - The Canadian UFO Survey
- Canada's Unidentified Flying Objects: The Search for the Unknown, a virtual museum exhibition at Library and Archives Canada
- Canadian X-Files - Comprehensive UFO Research Site, Joe Daniels - Extensive amount of government documents at this site.
- HBCC Research - HBCCUFO - British Columbia
- ORBWATCH, Info. (including photos & videos) of UFO skywatches along Hamilton & the western-end of Lake Ontario.
- MUFON - Last 20 UFO Sightings and Pictures
- Pararesearchers Ontario Pararesearchers Ontario- UFO Sightings
- Saskatchewan Provincial Paranormal Research Centre Inc. - Paynton, Saskatchewan
- UFO B.C. - UFO B.C., Delta, British Columbia
- UFO Ontario - THE MUTUAL UFO NETWORK OF ONTARIO
- UFOLOGY Research of Manitoba (UFOROM)
- UFO Phenomena North - Northwest Territories
- UFO Roundup Articles Canada
- UFO Yukon - UFO Yukon Research Society
- VSN: Virtually Strange Network
- Wilbert Smith (www.presidentialufo.com) - Wilbert Smith, Canada's UFO Pioneer
- A growing collection of UFO photos shot in Greater Vancouver, Canada. Pictures of Black Triangles, a silver disc UFO, photos of metallic and black UFOs, V-shaped craft (Boomerang UFOs), a glass-domed UFO, a series of images of shape-shifting UFOs, etc.
- Quebec UFO Research - Finding the truth about the UFO phenomenon
- Dan Akroyd Unplugged on UFOs (2005) - video.google.com
- Paul Hellyer - "W Bush preparing for Intergalactic War???" on YouTube
- Paul Hellyer - UFO conference in Toronto on YouTube
- Unsolved Mysteries episode: 1967 Falcon Lake Incident (Part I) on YouTube
- Unsolved Mysteries episode: 1967 Falcon Lake Incident (Part II) on YouTube
- 1967 Shag Harbour UFO Incident on YouTube
- CBC Video Report: UFO over Montreal downtown, Canada, 1990 (video 1) on YouTube
- FOX TV Video Report: UFO over Montreal downtown, Canada, 1990 (video 2) on YouTube