UFO sightings in China
11th Century AD
- Alleged UFO's were spotted at several times in Anhui and Jiangsu provinces, specifically over Xingkai Lake near Yangzhou. This was recorded in the book Dream Pool Essays by Shen Kuo, Song Dynasty China's renowned scientist and statesman. His book is considered credible as it also contains humanity's primary reference to the invention of movable type by the Chinese artisan Bi Sheng, as well as navigation using a magnetic compass amongst other scientific research.
- An alleged UFO was spotted and photographed over Hebei, China.
- On July 18, two pieces of debris were recovered by a farmer. They were eventually presumed to be USAF aeronautical instruments.
In 1994, Meng Zhaoguo reported that he and a relative had followed what he thought was a weather balloon after they saw a white, shining object descend into Red Flag Forest. According to his recollection, on finding the downed object, he found that it was in fact a spacecraft, flanked by 3 metres (9.8 ft) tall six-fingered aliens. 
After the initial encounter, Meng claimed he was suffering from ongoing harassment from the horrifying entities, including rape onboard spacecraft. He claimed that on the subsequent 17th of July he was abducted from his house and shown Jupiter, which the entities claimed was their homeworld.
His story was examined by the UFO Enthusiasts Club at Wuhan University throughout 1997. They concluded that whilst the initial contact may have occurred, the subsequent reported events were almost certainly untrue. However, the state-sponsored UFO Research Society concluded that his claims were true.
- July 7: An Unidentified Flying Object was spotted above Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport near Hangzhou, China. The airport was closed down due to the sighting.
- July 15: UFO sighting took place in Chongqing in eastern China; several witnesses stated they saw the same thing: "four lantern-like objects forming a diamond shape that hovered over the city's Shaping Park for over an hour(?).
- October 6:UFO sighting took place near the inner Mongolian airport in China. Airport in inner Mongolia was reportedly shut down because of UFO sightings. According to witnesses, it appeared to have disappeared in a bright light. Though experts say, that it was a military aircraft test(?).
- Wehrfritz, George (August 11, 1997). "That's No Flying Dragon". Newsweek (in English). p. 27.
- Kohut, John (October 30, 1994). "UFO group probes claim of sex with Jupiter visitor". South China Morning Post (in English) (Hong Kong). p. 6.
- Poole, Teresa (March 17, 1995). "Close encounters of an intimate kind : PEKING DAYS". The Independent (in English) (London). p. 18.
- UFO (August 17, 2006). UFO China. Google Video.
- Filer, George (September 6, 2006). ""China UFO filmed" in Filer's Files #36". National UFO Center. Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- "UFO Videotaped in China, August, 2006". UFO Casebook. August 2006. Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- UFO forces Hangzhou airport to shut down