UFO sightings in China
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11th Century AD
- Alleged UFO's were spotted at several times in Anhui and Jiangsu provinces, specifically over Xingkai Lake near Yangzhou. This was recorded in the book Dream Pool Essays by Shen Kuo, Song Dynasty China's renowned scientist and statesman. His book is considered credible as it also contains humanity's primary reference to the invention of movable type by the Chinese artisan Bi Sheng, as well as navigation using a magnetic compass amongst other scientific research.
- An alleged UFO was spotted and photographed over Hebei, China.
- On July 18, two pieces of debris were recovered by a farmer. They were eventually presumed to be USAF aeronautical instruments.
- In June 1994, while working at the Red Flag logging camp in the northwest portion of Wuchang, Meng Zhaoguo and two coworkers claimed that they had seen a strange metallic shine coming from Mount Phoenix.
- July 7: An Unidentified Flying Object was spotted above Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport near Hangzhou, China. The airport was closed down due to the sighting.
- July 15: UFO sighting took place in Chongqing in eastern China; several witnesses stated they saw the same thing: "four lantern-like objects forming a diamond shape that hovered over the city's Shaping Park for over an hour(?).
- October 6:UFO sighting took place near the inner Mongolian airport in China. Airport in inner Mongolia was reportedly shut down because of UFO sightings. According to witnesses, it appeared to have disappeared in a bright light. Though experts say, that it was a military aircraft test(?).
- UFO (August 17, 2006). UFO China. Google Video.
- Filer, George (September 6, 2006). ""China UFO filmed" in Filer's Files #36". National UFO Center. Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- "UFO Videotaped in China, August, 2006". UFO Casebook. August 2006. Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- UFO forces Hangzhou airport to shut down