UFO sightings in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- On 15 March at 10,20 a.m. in New Delhi 25 members of a flying club saw a cigar-shaped object in the sky which was long as about one hundred foot. The UFO hovered and then vanished from sight.
- On 15 September a flying saucer was seen in the afternoon by about 800 people in three villages (Kadori, Borsa and Mangalda) in Manbhum district of Bihar. Mr Ijapada Chatterjee, manager of a mica mine, told The Times of India that the UFO was about 12 feet in diameter and grey in colour. The object descended to an altitude of about 500 feet, hovered for a few minutes and then soared upwards at an incredible speed, causing a tremendous blow of wind.
- Nikhileshwar Deshmukh and Sabu Joesph Aluvila confirmed and reported a UFO sighting in Chennai, India- the sighting lasted 45 minutes from 9.30 pm till 10.15 pm on 11th of October 1991 starting with the descent of a huge gigantic Oval shaped object that hovered slowly and descended to approximately 500 feet above ground, the object was dark with bronze / gold edging under some sort of intermittent cloaking device. presumably since it was damaged or malfunctioning . the description of the object closely matched that of the sighting by Japan Airways flight 1628 over Anchorage Alaska in 1987- it was very large about the size of 2 city blocks, or 1-2 kilometers long, due to the proximity to the ground several aliens shadows could be seen through the band of windows in the center of the object. these humanoid forms were quickly moving about suggesting an emergency, the ship tumbled for a few seconds until it righted itself, gained height and then vanished into the upper sky at astonishing speed, shortly thereafter within a second, two long cylinder like objects black in color with red exhausts appeared and were hunting for the large ship for about 10 minutes in the area going back and forth in a patrolling like pattern independent of each other criss crossing the area where the ship was before, these objects then left the area in the same way as the large ship. several air force military aircraft then appeared at the same area in a few seconds after the departure of all the UFO's. this confirms that the UFO's had registered on the defense radars and that aircraft were scrambled to intercept the UFO's the military aircraft remained on the scene for at least 20 minutes - the whole time-line from first sighting to departure of military jets was 45 minutes. the sighting was reported to the local newspaper the Hindu but was not investigated, both witness sketched the same drawings to confirm that they had seen the same object.
- Anirudh Kashikar and Harish Mahenderkar confirmed a UFO sighting in Hyderabad, India. Round disc object hovering over the evening sky. Both live around 1000 feet from each other and both observed independently.
- November 28 at Ellora Caves, Aurangabad District, Maharashtra State around morning 10:46:46 AM, Satyam Tallapalli K. and Vijay Gujarathi A. had witnessed a huge UFO above the caves of Ellora and vanished within seconds. He took his mobile phone and immediately captured a picture.
- October 29 Early morning Eastern Kolkata, a fast moving object was spotted at 30° in the eastern horizon between 3.30 AM and 6.30 AM and personally filmed using a handycam. It's shape shifted from a sphere to a triangle and then to a straight line. The object emitted a bright light forming a halo and radiated a range of colours. It was spotted by many people and hundreds gathered along the E.M. Bypass to catch a glimpse of the UFO, triggering a frenzy. The video footage was released on a TV News channel and later shown to Dr. D P Duari, the director of MP Birla Planetarium, Kolkata, who found it to be "extremely interesting and strange".
- On 1 January 2013 pratyush kumar (Delhi) saw a UFO in Maharashtra with his family . He describe it as a cone shaped orange lighted vehicle.
- On 4 August 2013 evening, Indian Army troops in Lagan Khel area in Demchok in Ladakh area reported the UFO sighting. There have been over 100 sightings of UFOs along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the last several months of August 2013. It is important to note that these higher number of UFO sightings are reported while there are tensions between India and China across the border.
- "Top Shelf Witnesses, New Delhi, India".
- "UFO Report 1954".
- "UFO puzzle has city in a tizzy"
- "Did a UFO come over Kolkata?"
- "Kolkata in a tizzy over UFO sighting"
- "Army reports UFO sightings in Ladakh, again".