|Location||525 South Racine
Chicago, IL 60607
|Broke ground||June 1, 1979|
|Opened||May 31, 1982|
|Owner||University of Illinois at Chicago|
|Operator||University of Illinois at Chicago|
|Construction cost||$10 million
($24.4 million in 2014 dollars)
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings and Merrill|
|UIC Flames, Windy City Rollers|
Description and History
The UIC Pavillion is located on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago. It opened in 1982. The UIC Pavilion was renovated in 2001, and is rented for many functions and concerts. It is accessible from the CTA Blue Line Racine stop, located one block north of the Pavilion. It is also accessible from the #7 Harrison Bus and the #60 Blue Island/26th Bus. It also hosted UIC's ice hockey team when they competed in the CCHA as well as the 1984, 1999, and 2000 Horizon League men's basketball conference tournament. The UIC Pavillion is home to the University of Illinois at Chicago Flames basketball team and the former home of the Chicago Sky WNBA team. It is the home of the Windy City Rollers of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association. From 2004-2006 it also housed the Chicago Storm Major Indoor Soccer League team before they moved into the newly constructed Sears Centre. The UIC Pavilion was the home arena for Jim Crockett Promotions and WCW Wrestling in the late 80's and early 90's. It was the site of 3 PPV events: Starrcade 87, Chi-Town Rumble and Halloween Havoc 90. When used as a concert venue the arena seats up to 10,075 for end-stage shows, 7,924 for 3/4-house shows, and 5,878 for 1/2-house shows. The venue continues to be a regular host for major rock concerts, including notable sets from Green Day to Phish.
- Starrcade 87: Chi-Town Heat took place November 26, 1987
- Chi-Town Rumble took place February, 20, 1989
- Halloween Havoc 90 took place October, 27, 1990
- The UIC Pavilion hosted the AIBA 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships, which was the largest AIBA World Championships in its history. It took place October 23- November 3, 2007.
- WEC 40 took place at the Pavilion on April 25, 2009
- July, 24, 2011 the UIC Pavilion hosted the 2010 CoverGirl Classic USA Gymnastics event.
- July 23, 2011 the UIC Pavilion hosted the 2011 CoverGirl Classic USA Gymnastics event
- May 26, 2012 the UIC Pavilion hosted the Secret U.S. Classic USA Gymnastics event.
- In April of 2018 the UIC Pavillion will host the NCAA Men's Gymnastics Championships 
- Edes, Gordon (May 30, 1979). "Bird, Celtics Signing Set?". Chicago Tribune.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Circle Builds a Giant". Chicago Tribune. June 9, 1981.
- "Raisman And Biles Win Titles At The Secret U.S. Classic". Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "UIC To Host 2018 NCAA Men's Gymnastics Championships". Retrieved July 2, 2014.
|Events and tenants|
|Home of the
2004 – 2006
|Home of the
2006 – 2009