From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UID may refer to:
- Unique Identification Number later renamed as Aadhaar number, an initiative of Unique Identification Authority of India of the Indian government to create a unique ID for every Indian resident.
- UID = VAT identification number (in German language) (VAT: Value added tax)
- Ulster Institute for the Deaf
- Umeå Institute of Design
- Unitedworld Institute of Design, college in India
- Universal Instructional Design, an educational method that tries to deliver teaching to meet the needs of wide variety of learners.
- Unintelligent Design, a satirical reaction to the Intelligent Design movement
- Unique identifier
- PubMed 'Unique Identifier' parameter designating specific scientific publication abstracts; see: PMID
- 'Unique Item Identifier', a specific value in the Item Unique Identification system used by the United States Department of Defense for the identification of accountable equipment according to DoD Instruction 5000.64
- A nonprofit organization in Tokyo, Japan responsible for the Ucode system for uniquely identifying real-world objects electronically
- A Unique identifier
- User identifier (Unix), a code identifying each user on a Unix and Unix-like systems
- User interface design, device design with the focus on the user's experience and interaction
- 'Unit IDentification light', a light found on all HP/Compaq DL servers that allows users to distinguish which server they are working on in a server rack
- Unit Identification, an LED used as a means of locating a specific computer server in a server room
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title UID.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.