|Live album by King Crimson|
|Released||3 May 1975|
|Genre||Progressive rock, hard rock|
|King Crimson chronology|
USA is a live album by the English band King Crimson, released in 1975. It was mostly recorded at the Casino, Asbury Park, on 28 June 1974. The exceptions are track 7, which was recorded at the Palace Theatre, Providence, USA, on 30 June 1974, and Eddie Jobson's overdubs on tracks 2, 3 and 7, which were recorded in a studio.
Track 1 is a brief excerpt of "The Heavenly Music Corporation" from (No Pussyfooting). While it was not listed as a separate track on the original album, it is present on all releases. On the original UK vinyl release, the audience noise after the end of the last track was imbedded in a locked groove, leaving the applause to go on forever.
There have been four releases of the album:
- Original vinyl release in 1975. Includes tracks 1 - 7 (although track 1 & 2 are combined) and Eddie Jobson's overdubs.
- 30th Anniversary Remaster released 2002. Added tracks 8 & 9 to original release, credited track 1.
- 2005 mix of original multi-track tapes by Ronan Chris Murphy at DGM. Released as download from dgmlive.com in 2005 and on The Collectable King Crimson Vol. 1 in 2006. Includes all tracks; 21st Century Schizoid Man is moved to be the last track and is now the version from Asbury Park 28 June 1974. Does not include Eddie Jobson's overdubs.
- 2013 mix by original multi-track tapes by Robert Fripp, Tony Arnold and David Singleton at the Courthouse, Cranborne, Dorset. Same track order and versions as release #3. Splits improv at end of track 6 into its own track.
|1.||"Walk On...No Pussyfooting" (instrumental)||Brian Eno, Robert Fripp||0:35|
|2.||"Larks' Tongues in Aspic (Part II)" (instrumental)||Fripp||7:03|
|3.||"Lament"||Fripp, Richard Palmer-James, John Wetton||4:21|
|4.||"Exiles"||David Cross, Fripp, Palmer-James||7:09|
|5.||"Asbury Park" (instrumental)||Bill Bruford, Cross, Fripp, Wetton||7:06|
|6.||"Easy Money"||Fripp, Palmer-James, Wetton||6:41|
|7.||"21st Century Schizoid Man"||Fripp, Michael Giles, Greg Lake, Ian McDonald, Peter Sinfield||8:40|
|Bonus tracks on 30th anniversary edition CD|
|9.||"Starless"||Bruford, Cross, Fripp, Palmer-James, Wetton||14:55|
- King Crimson
- Robert Fripp - guitar & mellotron
- John Wetton - bass & lead vocals
- David Cross - violin, viola, mellotron & electric piano
- Bill Bruford - drums, percussion
- Additional musician
- Eddie Jobson - violin (2 & 7), electric piano (3)