|Type||Private (subsidiary of Tesoro Corporation)|
|Industry||Oil & Gas Extraction|
|Area served||United States|
U Save Automatic (USA Gasoline) or (USA Petroleum) is an American oil company which operates in the United States. It was found in 1968. USA Gasoline operates in 10 states, including Alaska, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. It became a subsidiary of Tesoro Corporation in 2007.
- Over the course of 1975 and 1976, all UCO Stations became USA Gasoline Stations.
- From 1988 to 1990, USA Petroleum was involved in a lawsuit with ARCO due to fuel prices.
- in 1992, USA Petroleum moved its headquarters from Santa Monica to Ventura.
- in 1993, their headquarters were moved again, this time from Santa Monica to Agoura Hills.
- in 1994, Marvin Jay Caukin, the ex-Director of Finance was sentenced 33 months in prison for embezzling nearly $2.4 million from the company.
- in 2003, USA Petroleum agreed to pay $325,000 to settle a dispute regarding leaking tanks at some of its 10 gas stations in Ventura County.
- in July 2006, USA Petroleum announced its plan to sell 122 of its California gas stations to Chevron. The deal was finalized in November.
- in 2007, Tesoro Acquired USA Gasoline and approximately 140 retail stations.
- in 2011, 51 Albertsons Express stores rebranded as USA Gasoline. As part of the deal, all Mirastar stations also rebranded as USA Gasoline.
- in 2012, 250 ARCO (Thrifty Style Stations) and Thrifty stations rebranded as USA Gasoline, because BP did not renew the leases for 250 ARCO or Thrifty Stations.