From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- USS Atlanta (1861), was a Confederate ironclad converted from a blockade runner, named CSS Atlanta, captured in 1863.
- USS Atlanta (1884), was a protected cruiser, launched in 1884.
- USS Atlanta (CL-51), an anti-aircraft cruiser (later redesignated light cruiser), was commissioned in 1941 and sunk in November 1942 at the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal.
- USS Atlanta (CL-104), a light cruiser, was commissioned in 1944, served in World War II and in the 1960s was used for target practice.
- USS Atlanta (SSN-712), was a Los Angeles-class nuclear attack submarine commissioned 1982 and inactivated in 1999.
- This article incorporates text from the public domain Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. The entry can be found here.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|