USS Enterprise may refer to the following vessels:
United States of America
In watercraft, the prefix "USS" or "U.S.S." ("United States Ship") is applied to ships commissioned by and for the United States Navy. Private citizens also use the name unofficially.
Two ships of the Continental Navy were named Enterprise:
|USS Enterprise (1775)||Sloop-of-war||18 May 1775||7 July 1777||Burned to prevent capture|
|Enterprise (1776)||Schooner||20 December 1776||February 1777||Returned to Maryland Council of Safety|
Six ships of the United States Navy have been named Enterprise with a seventh announced:
|USS Enterprise (1799)||Schooner-class sailing vessel
Brig-class sailing vessel
|17 December 1799
8 July 1823
|Fired the first shots in the First Barbary War against the Tripolitanian ship Tripoli
Stranded. Broke up on Little Curacao Island in the West Indies.
|USS Enterprise (1831)||Schooner-class sailing vessel||15 December 1831
29 November 1839
|12 July 1839
24 June 1844
|Sold, 28 October 1844|
|USS Enterprise (1874)||Barque-rigged Screw Sloop-class sailing vessel||16 March 1877
12 January 1882
4 October 1887
8 July 1890
|9 May 1880
21 March 1886
20 May 1890
1 October 1909
|Lent to Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 17 October 1892 - 4 May 1909
Sold, 1 October 1909
|Enterprise (SP-790)||Motorboat Patrol boat-class vessel||1917||1919|
|USS Enterprise (CV-6)||Yorktown-class aircraft carrier||12 May 1938||17 February 1947||Served with unparalleled distinction in World War II, the most awarded and decorated ship from the war.
Scrapped, 1 July 1958 - May 1960
|USS Enterprise (CVN-65)||Enterprise-class aircraft carrier||25 November 1961||1 December 2012
|The world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier.
As of 2012, longest serving combat vessel within the U.S. Navy.
In late 2012, was the third-oldest commissioned vessel in the Navy after USS Constitution and USS Pueblo.
Decommissioning scheduled, 15 March 2013. Scrapping scheduled, 2013–2015
|USS Enterprise (CVN-80)||Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier||2025
|Announced during Enterprise (CVN-65) inactivation ceremony on 1 December 2012 by Secretary of the Navy|
- U.S. Navy building
- USS Enterprise (BLDG 7115), commissioned building (27 May 2005 – June 2011), this building is the orientation "ship" for students at Great Lakes.
- ((Enterprise Hall BLDG IB)), commissioned building, Gilbert Street, Naval Station Norfolk, BEQ, Bachelor Enlisted Quarters Norfolk, Virginia.
Other American vessels
- Enterprise, a steamboat that participated in the Battle of New Orleans and then demonstrated for the first time by her epic 2,200-mile voyage from New Orleans to Brownsville, Pennsylvania that steamboat commerce was practical on America's western rivers.
- Enterprise (balloon), a balloon used by the Union Army during the American Civil War.
- Enterprise, a J-class racing yacht that won the America's Cup in 1930.
- Space Shuttle Enterprise (OV-101), the first Space Shuttle Orbiter, used for test flights in earth atmosphere, landing procedures, and ground tests between 1975 and 1985. It was named after the fictional vessel from the Star Trek franchise, and later appeared in the opening sequence to Star Trek: Enterprise.
- USTS Kennedy (T-AK-5059), former USTS Enterprise (2003–2008), SS Cape Bon (1985–2003), and SS Velma Lykes (1967–1985). Currently a training ship at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, which renamed it after the 1874 Enterprise (the Academy’s first training ship) before renaming it after the Kennedy Family.
In the fictional Star Trek universe, there have been a number of starships named Enterprise (where the designation refers to United Federation of Planets Star Ship rather than United States Ship):
From licensed Star Trek fiction and notable unlicensed films
|USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-F)||Odyssey-class starship||2409||Star Trek Online|
|USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-F)||Starship||2390s
|Star Trek: The Next Generation novels Imzadi and Millennium|
|USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-M)||Constitution-class starship
|2306||Star Trek: Of Gods and Men|
- Enterprise (disambiguation), for additional topics related to these ships' namesake
- HMS Enterprise, any of fifteen ships of the British Royal Navy
- VSS Enterprise, the first commercial spaceship being constructed by Virgin Galactic.
- "Navy To Name Next Ford Class Carrier Enterprise". 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012..
- "News Release - Navy’s Next Ford-Class Aircraft Carrier to be Named Enterprise". U.S. Navy. 1 December 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012..
- Star Trek: Enterprise episode "These Are The Voyages..."
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Yesterday's Enterprise"
- Star Trek Generations
- "Drex Files Enterprise J Search". 16 February 2009. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|