|Type||University Technical College|
|DfE URN||139268 Tables|
UTC Reading is a university technical college (UTC) that opened in Reading, Berkshire, England in September 2013. The University of Reading, Reading College and Oxford and Cherwell Valley College are the lead education sponsors of UTC, while business partners include Agilent Technologies, CGI Group, Cisco Systems, Microsoft, and Network Rail.
UTC Reading had an initial intake of students aged 14 and 16 (academic years 10 and 12) in 2013, but will expand to accommodate students aged 14 to 19 over the following two years.
The primary catchment area of the UTC includes Reading, Wokingham, West Berkshire, South Oxfordshire, Basingstoke & Deane, Bracknell Forest, Windsor & Maidenhead, Wycombe and Hart. Where the number of applications for admission to the UTC is greater than the amount of places, a set percentage of places are allocated for students living in each part of the catchment area.
UTC Reading specialises in computer science and engineering. Pupils aged 14 to 16 study a core amount of GCSEs and also choose a BTEC First Extended Certificate in either engineering or ICT. Sixth form students choose between the specialisms and then take a programme of related study which can include A Levels, BTECs and GCSEs.
- "Partners | UTC". Utcreading.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- NetSquared Ltd. Creatively Designed, Technically Astute, Professionally Managed. www.netsquared.com (2013-02-18). ""Full steam ahead" for UTC Reading, Kier News, Kier Group plc". Kier.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Admissions | UTC". Utcreading.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Microsoft Hosts UTC Reading Taster Event". SourceWire. 2013-03-08. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "University Technical Colleges". Utcolleges.org. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Key Stage 4 Curriculum | UTC". Utcreading.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Sixth Form Options | UTC". Utcreading.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-03.