|Traded as||TYO: 4208|
|Founded||10 March 1942|
|Headquarters||Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
|Key people||Michio Takeshita
(Kanji: 竹下 道夫)
CEO & President
|Products||Chemicals, cement, machinery, coal|
|Revenue||US$5.91 billion (2010)|
|Operating income||US$2.97 billion (2010)|
|Net income||US$0.08 billion(2010)|
|Total assets||US$7.04 billion (2010)|
|Total equity||US$2.17 billion (2010)|
|Website||UBE Industries Official website|
- 1 Main products
- 2 History
- 3 Corporate governance
- 4 Locations(UBE Group)
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Chemicals and plastics
Speciality chemicals and products
- Pharmaceutical materials
- Pharmaceutical licenses
Cement and construction materials
Energy and environment
Machinery and metal products
- 1897 Okinoyama Coal Mine (沖ノ山炭鉱組合 Okinoyama Tankō Kumiai?) is established as a silent partnership
- 1914 Ube Shinkawa Iron Works (宇部新川鉄工所 Ube Shinkawa Tekkōjo?) is established as a silent partnership.
- 1923 Ube Cement Production, Ltd. (宇部セメント製造 Okinoyama Tankō Seizō?) is established.
- 1933 Ube Nitrogen Industry, Ltd. (宇部窒素工業 Ube Chisso Kōogyō?) is established.
- 1942 Ube Industries, Ltd. is established through amalgamation of the four foregoing companies.
- 1993 Capital investment is made in PQM of Spain (now Ube Chemical Europe, S.A.)
- 1997 Thai Caprolactam Public Co., Ltd. and Ube Nylon (Thailand) Ltd. (now UBE Chemicals（Asia）Public Company Ltd.) open for business.
- 1998 Ube-Mitsubishi Cement Corporation (joint venture with Mitsubishi Materials Corporation) is established.
In 1897, Sukesaku Watanabe (an industrialist,a member of the House of Representatives of Japan and a deputy mayor of Ube) established Okinoyama Coal Mine,the predecessor of the present Ube industries. Since then, the company has established four core business units: Chemicals, Cement and Construction Materials, Energy and Machinery. (Ube industries is called "Ube-Kosan" in Japanese. "Kosan" means Expanding new businesses one by one for the local community).
- Chirperson and Director
- Hiroaki Tamura
- President and Representative Director
- Representative Director
- Kazuhiko Okada
- Akinori Furukawa (CCO, General Director of General affairs and Personnel Office)
- Makoto Umetsu (General Director of Research and Development)
- Yoshiomi Matsumoto (He was vice president of the Industrial Bank of Japan)
- Mitsutaka Motoda (He is President of the Sanwa Research Institute and used to be Senior managing director of Sanwa bank)
- Tokyo (Headquarter)
- Ube (Headquarter, R&D, Plant, Bulk terminal, Limestone mine)
- Fukuoka (Sales branch, Plant)
- Chiba (R&D, Plant)
- Osaka (Plants, Sales branch)
- Nagoya (Sales branch)
The presidents of the Ube Chamber of Commerce and Industry are elected from retired persons of The company. Serving president Yasuhisa Chiba (he was Representative Director of Ube industries) also holds the post of vice chairperson of the Chemical Society of Japan. Some employees of the Ube Group are elected to assemblyman.
- Thailand (Sales branch, R&D, Plant)
- Spain (Sales branch, R&D, Plant)
- Nantong, China (Plant)
- U.S. (Sales branch, Plant)
- Seoul, South Korea (Sales branch)
- Shanghai, China (Sales branch)
- Hongkong, China (Sales branch)
- Singapore (Sales branch)
- Düsseldorf, Germany (Sales branch)
- São Paulo, Brazil (Sales branch)
- Taiwan (Sales branch)
UBE Group is doing business worldwide, especially Thailand(Rayong Province) and Spain(Province of Castellón) are main sites for petrochemical business. UBE Chemicals(Asia) Public Company Ltd.(UCHA) is one of the cogent chemical companies in Thailand. The company is the sole caprolactam producer in Thailand. Dr. Charunya Phichitkul, the president of UCHA also holds the post of vice chairperson of the petrochemical Industry Club The Federation of Thai Industries.
- (English) UBE global site
- (English) UBE homePage
- (English) UBE In Thailand site
- (Portuguese) UBE Latin America Servicos Ltda
- UBE In Europe site
- Answers.com UBE Industries