||This article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (December 2011)|
|Title(s)||Creator of Chult
Founder of Mezro
Father of the Dinosaurs
|Home plane||The House of Nature (3rd edition)
The Outlands and the Beastlands (1st and 2nd edition)
|Portfolio||Creation, jungles, Chult, the Chultans, dinosaurs|
|Domains||Planning, Plant, Protection, Scalykind|
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition (1989-1999)
Dungeons & Dragons 3.0 edition (2000-2007)
Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition (2008-)
In the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (2008), Ubtao is described as a primordial.
Clerics of Ubtao are known as the Mazewalkers. In addition, the deity's faith also includes rangers and jungle-dwelling druids. Aside from humans, Ubtao also counts the catlike tabaxi among his worshippers. He is allied to the wild dwarf god Thard Harr and is the mortal enemy of Eshowdow the Shadow Giant and the serpent deity Sseth.
It is Ubtao's duty to stand guard at the Peaks of Flame to keep vigil against the day when Dendar the Night Serpent emerges to doom the world by eating the sun. In exchange for this sacrifice, the other gods of Faerûn promised to leave Ubtao's domain alone from competing deities.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona,. Faiths and Pantheons (Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms, Campaign Accessory). Renton, Wash: Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- Eric L. Boyd, Julia Martin (Editor). Powers & Pantheons (Lorebooks Accessory). Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, Inc. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- Lowder, James and Jean Rabe. Jungles of Chult (TSR, 1993) ISBN 978-0-88038-593-0
- Boyd, Eric L. Demihuman Deities (TSR, 1998)
- Perkins, Christopher. Warriors of Heaven (TSR, 1999)
- Ed Greenwood et al. (2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. Wizard of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide, p. 42. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3
|This Dungeons & Dragons article related to the Forgotten Realms is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|