|Elevation||22 m (72 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, Kokborok, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Udaipur (Pron:/uːˈdaɪpʊə or ˈuːdaɪˌpʊə/) (Bengali: উদয়পুর) is a town and a municipal council in the Indian state of Tripura. This city is famous for the Tripura Sundari temple. It is also the headquarters of Gomati district. Udaipur is about 55 km from Agartala, the capital of Tripura. There are lots of artificial lakes (namely Dhani Sagar, Bijoy Sagar (Mahadev Dighi), Jagannath Dighi, Amar Sagar). Udaipur is the 3rd largest town of tripura followed by Agartala and Dharmanagar on the bank of Gomati river.
Udaipur is located at  It has an average elevation of 22 metres (72 feet).The Gumti river passes through the heart of Udaipur and helps in irrigation of its lands. It is around 48 km from the state capital,.
As of 2001[update] India census, Udaipur had a population of 21,751. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Udaipur has an average literacy rate of 84%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 87%, and female literacy is 81%. In Udaipur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Attractions in Udaipur
Udaipur is dotted with temples the most famous of which is the Tripura Sundari temple, which is one of the 51 Shakti Peethas. The temple was constructed by Maharaja Dhanya Manikya Debbarma in 1501. There is a big lake beside the temple known as Kalyan Sagar. Bhubaneshwari Temple is another famous temple here.Udaipur is also known as "lake city" and has many beautiful lakes.Some of them are Bijoy Sagar, Jagannath dighi, Amar sagar and as mentioned above, Kalyan sagar.It also has a national library named "Nazrul Granthagar",after Kazi Nazrul Islam.
udaipur has educational institutions, schools and colleges. U.E.M.H.S.S ranks among one of the best schools of Tripura.
- Netaji Subhash Mahavidyalaya
- Udaipur Gomati polytechnique college
- Udaipur English Medium Higher Secondary School (U.E.M.H.S.S)
- Kirit Bikram Institution(K.B.I.)
- Udaipur Girls' H.S. School
- Ramesh H.S. School
- DONBOSCO School,Udaipur
- Vivekananda vidyapith, Udaipur
- Jawhar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Udaipur
- Matabari H.S School
- Hariyananda Girls' H.S. School
- East R.K. Pur Girls' H.S.School
- Tripura Sundari H.S. School
- Chandrapur H.S.School
- Khilpara H.S. School
- Jamjuri H.S. School
- Gakulpur H.S. School
- South Bagma Samatalpara H.S. School.
- East fotamati high school
- M .T .B Girls
- Murapara High School
- Tripura Sundari Temple (Matar Badi-Mothers Abode)
- Jagannath-Badi Temple
- Mahadev-Badi Temple
- Satsanga Bihar, Udaipur
- Loknath Temple
- Ramkrisna Asram
- Basanti Mandir
- Ramthakur Asram
- Bhubaneswari Temple
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Udaipur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Udaipur, Tripura.|