|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ernakulam|
Udayamperoor is a small town situated in Ernakulam district, Kerala, in India. It is 18 km from Ernakulam, on the Ernakulam - Vaikom road. This place, steeped in history, is a major tourist destination in the district. The town is famous for the festivals organized every year in the temples and churches. The utsavam at Nadakkavu Bhagavathy Temple, Ameda Ayilyam Mahotsavam and the festivals in the Synod Church are the most colourful events in the town. Udayamperoor also has a large number of small scale industries in and around. This include restaurants like Food Castle, plastic moulders like Consolidated Thermoplastics Ltd., Varmatech, Emson etc. and others like Akhila Industries etc.
Places of interest
It has a few major temples and churches that attract pilgrims. There is also a lake which is used both for commercial as well as recreational uses. It also houses Government Ayurveda College, Puthiyakavu the second oldest ayurveda college in public sector in Kerala since 1929 catering to health needs of Ernakulam and neighbouring districts.
- Synod Church is an ancient Syro-Malabar Catholic Church situated here which had witnessed one of the famous religious exercises - the Synod of Diamper. The church also houses the mortal remains of the last Raja of Villarvattom, the only Nasrani Kingdom in Kerala.
- Ameda Temple (Nagaraja) is one of the few Nagaraja temples in Kerala. Apart from Nagaraja and Nagayakshi, the temple has 'Saptha Mathrikkal' which include goddesses (Bhramani,Maheswari,Kowmari,Vaishnavi,Varahi,Indrani,Chamundi) along with Lord Shiva and Lord Ganapathy. The temple is situated on the banks of the Vembanad Lake.
- Nadakkavu Bhagavathy Temple
- Perumthrikkovil Siva Temple
- Kadavil Thrikkovil Sreekrishna Temple
- SNDP temple
- Malekadu Subramania temple
- Vijnanodaya Sabha Sree Subramania Swamy Temple
- Manthattu Maha Vishnu Temple
- Arayaserril Dharmashastha temple
- SNDPHSS, Udayamperoor
- KPMHSS, Puthenkavu
- Sree Narayana Public School, Poothotta
- Prabhath Public School, PKMC Junction, Udayamperoor
- Swamy Saswathikannda College, Poothotta
- Stella Maris Public School, Udayamperoor
- St. John's public school, Udayamperoor
- St. Mary's High School, Udayamperoor
- Sahodaran Ayyappan Memorial Training College, Poothotta
- St. Sebastian's public school, Udayamperoor
- Daya Sadan School for mentally challenged children