|Bhosale on 21 April 2012|
|Born||24 February 1966
|Political party||Nationalist Congress Party|
|Spouse(s)||Mrs. Damayantraje Bhosale|
|Children||Veerpratapsinh Raje Bhosale, Nayantara Raje Bhosale|
Udyanraje Bhosale (born 24 February 1966) is the current titular Chhatrapati of Maharashtra and an Indian politician and member of the 16th Lok Sabha from Satara Constituency in Maharashtra state in India. In the 2009 parliamentary elections, he was elected to the Lok Sabha as a Nationalist Congress Party candidate in May 2009 general elections by a margin of three lakh (300,000) votes. Before that, he was a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly and the Minister for Revenue of Maharashtra in the Bharatiya Janata Party government.
Bhosale is the 13th indirect descendant of the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, founder of the Maratha Empire. He is married to Damayantiraje and has a son - Veerpratapsinhraje and a daughter Nayantararaje.
- Press Trust of India (21 June 2009). "NCP's problem; How to discipline maverick Udayan". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- Datta, Saikat (28 November 2008). "350 years on, Afzal Khan is back in the news". Indian Express. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "Verdict in high-profile murder trial on Friday". Times of India. 28 June 2001. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- Anandan, Sujata (20 September 2009). "Chhatrapati's Children". Outlook. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "Detailed Profile: Shri Udayanraje Pratapsingh Bhosale". Loksabha. Government of India. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
|This article about a Maharashtra politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|